In response to Suicide Shifter
Suicide Shifter wrote:
I sent an email to the one that was provided via paypal, is your shipping information correct?

I never got your email. I can email you from the one I have listed on my PayPal to the email the $5 went to. And I want to change the shipping info.
Hm, send me a message through the pager
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/2104/foia.png

Tomorrow after I get home from class, hopefully it'll have arrived.
Tomorrow, USPS will be receiving a very strongly worded call. The package came in today, and while I can tell that SS took what care he could to package the weird shape that the monitor is (I mean, I know packaging them is difficult), the condition it arrived in was horrific. I could literally see the corner of the monitor through a massive hole in the side of the box. Despite my having not paid for shipping, USPS will never receive a dime of my money after this shipping incident.
In response to Magicmann
To elaborate on the previous post:
The package came in with an ample amount of tape to keep it sealed. The monitor had padding both below and above is to keep it from being jumbled around insire the box. Here's where it takes a turn fir the worse...

USPS did not do anything to make sure the package was taken care of. One side of the box was completely smooshed inward, and the only thing that stopped that side from being entirely compressed was the back of the monitor. There was a gash on the side of the box entirely seperating two sides of the box at the corner.

I will be going to my local post office tomorrow evening to open up a damaged item claim, and they will not hear the end of it until they right their wrongs. To think that a government owned shipping service would go on working to such a low quality of service is absurd.
In response to Magicmann
Magicmann wrote:
government owned

low quality of service

Here's your answer.
If you expect them to do anything but shrug and give you a form to fill out you're out of your mind.
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
Magicmann wrote:
government owned

low quality of service

Here's your answer.

Right, but they're the ones not managing our money well, and they need fo clean their shit up so that public institutions will be better supported.
In response to Magicmann
Magicmann wrote:
Vrocaan wrote:
Magicmann wrote:
government owned

low quality of service

Here's your answer.

Right, but they're the ones not managing our money well, and they need fo clean their shit up so that public institutions will be better supported.

Why would they do that?
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
Magicmann wrote:
Vrocaan wrote:
Magicmann wrote:
government owned

low quality of service

Here's your answer.

Why would they do that?

I don't mean to come off as a dick, but please just stop. I'm posting here so everyone knows that I did get the prize as supposed to, but USPS caused some big issues. Because of how they handled the package, I do not even feel safe attempting to use the monitor as it appears to be severely damaged.
That really sucks to hear. Send me some pics of the damage, I want to see how bad the damages are. Maybe I can file a claim at my end as well.
Always trust a private company with your packages over bumbling federal employees.

After working in shipping/receiving for a while I learned that FedEX and UPS are the only real ways to go. USPS ****s up packages, big time.
In response to Suicide Shifter
Suicide Shifter wrote:
That really sucks to hear. Send me some pics of the damage, I want to see how bad the damages are. Maybe I can file a claim at my end as well.

Will do. I took some before-opening pictures of the box, haven't gotten them of the monitor yet. I'll do that in the morning, and send you both sets.
In response to Balzack
Almost cost me a $200 processor, USPS did(returning it to newegg with the motherboard to ensure it wasn't the cpu that was messed up, since I couldn't test it, cpu arrived with a ton of bent pins; google got me a refund about a month later). NEVER go with USPS. The UPS store is the way to go.
Page: 1 2 3