ID:1399144

I'm having trouble convincing a friend of mine to see the importance of not having bald naked bases as his main base.
Could someone please give me reasons to propose to him that might help him ATLEAST consider a different point of view- and maybe get some pants on these bases at the least.
(I'd prefer some hair, and clothes but I will settle for atleast a white t shirt- and some pants -_-*)
In response to LordAndrew
Thanks.
Well, the base itself needs to be bald and "naked", because you need to have all extra pixels stripped off of its outline/silhouette so any sort of overlay (including none!) will not show anything from underneath.

Say, for instance, that your base has some sort of hair. Say that your player wants a different sort of hair, but the "base" hair covered a larger area than their chosen style. You'll have pixels of the "base" hair sticking out.

So, the outline of your base needs to be skin-tight (literally).

However, this does not mean that the game has to display the naked, bald base... The game could easily start you off with a random selection of hair and clothing already applied (or let you choose them without ever showing the base).
There's nothing wrong with using a bald base with some basic pants for the character creation screen where you pick hair/skin color ect....
In response to Void Games
Void Games wrote:
There's nothing wrong with using a bald base with some basic pants for the character creation screen where you pick hair/skin color ect....

Yes, there is.
It's all opinion. For the most part I think it's fine for your character to be bald and naked as you create it before you even start playing. Once you start actually playing then of course they should have the hair the player chose and some basic clothes. It also depends on the story's progression in the game as well.
In response to Vrocaan
So, they should already have hair before they even pick the hair? Yea real logical.
In response to Void Games
Void Games wrote:
So, they should already have hair before they even pick the hair? Yea real logical.

They don't need to start nude. There's little point for them to do so. You don't need to see your character's abs while you rapidly switch him between being black or asian.
In response to Vrocaan
What would you suggest then?
In response to Vrocaan
i agree with the nude thing but not the hair thing OwO
Why don't you just look at Runescape? They automatically have a default set of clothing/hair/etc on you, and you can choose others. Derp.
In response to MDC
MDC wrote:
What would you suggest then?

The way I would do it is gather a list of all hairstyles and then randomly apply one to the base. Then gather a list of all shirts that can be started with and randomly add one. Then the same with pants and shoes.

That way the player doesn't have to see the bald naked base, but during creation can change the hair and clothing that is already on them.
A2J2TIWARI wrote:
I for one think that clothes and other overlays matter only when game is near completion or when developers conduct private or open testings.

^^ You said you wanted to do a private testing.
At which point I said-"the base is still naked".
I think there is a difference between allowing one or two people to test the game privately, and allowing a small group of people to test privately.
Bonk is bald and naked, besides some cloth.

Everything has its context.
In response to Fugsnarf
That is a very conservative definition of naked. P:
I think this thread is against Bald people, and nudists.

Don't spread the hate, spread Nutilla instead :D
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
That is a very conservative definition of naked. P:

Well, I assume he isn't wearing pants.