ID:1399688

BYOND Version:501.1214
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 24.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Trying to run a game from Dream Maker after the first attempt causes you to login as a guest even if you're signed into the pager.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Try running a game with the latest beta build directly from Dream Maker, it may take one or two attempts.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
n/a

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? After running the game a few times it forces you into logging in as a guest.
In other games? Yes.
In other user accounts? Yes.
On other computers? n/a

When does the problem NOT occur? When you first log into the pager and run the game the problem doesn't occur.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
This can be fixed by logging out of the pager and logging in again, but after running the game a few times you are forced back into a guest account.
Is this in 500 or 501? If 500, this belongs in Bug Reports. If 501, please edit your post to use an "Other..." version and put in 501.1214.
Corrected it, sorry I didn't see other at the bottom despite having looked for it when I posted it originally.
Thanks. I'll look into the issue.
This happened to me as well in version 501.1214. It's only happened once and I haven't been able to reproduce it. All I did was open up my game's environment, compile and run the code. When the game started running it opened up the "Options & Messages" window and showed me as guest so I closed it and tried again and it worked normally ever since then.
I'm still getting it despite having restarted my computer, at first I thought it was a new feature. Normally when you run a project with large maps the initial start up takes a while, so I thought the Options and Messages window was there to show that something was happening, rather than having to go through Task Manager all of the time.
I've had this happen in 500.1213
Huh. I was concerned this might be a thread issue but if it's happening in 500 as well, that might not be the case. Still looking into it.
I've moved this to Bug Reports since it's not new to the beta per followup reports. I was unable to reproduce the issue myself, so I'm calling this Unverified till I can find a way to make it happen reliably.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
Just a guess, but have you tried testing it on a fresh install of the latest beta without rebooting? It generally works the first time I run the environment from Dream Maker but after that I'm forced into a guest account and I have to log out and then back into the pager.
I tried launching multiple times without a problem. A fresh install or reboot would be irrelevant to the issue if there's a timing problem.