ID:1399803

Resolved
BYOND Version:500
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Chrome 30.0.1599.69
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: I use a savefile called Database to hold all the items of my program. I created a verb that allows me to download the Database from my program that is hosted by someone else. When I try to use this database for further updates to my program's code, the entire program shutdown whenever the Database writes a file into it. The loading works fine, but whenever anything is written to the Database savefile, the program shuts down instantly and I get Database_lost.txt and when I read the text file, it shows "//Orphan savefile buffer '' found on Wed Oct 16 15:38:51 2013

//End of exported data." Anything I try result with the same issue. Since it happens to all the other versions of my programs, I believe it is the savefile that's mess'd up, but not sure how to fix it.

When does the problem NOT occur? When I load up a really old Database savefile.

I'll need something more to go on to investigate this. A test project that reproduces the issue reliably would help. Otherwise I just don't have enough information. For now I'll be marking this Unverified.

For readability purposes I've edited your report. For any future reports, please put any text you add to the template after the closing </b> tag, not before, or else it all comes out in bold and is harder to read. Thanks.
Alright, thanks.
I manage to find out what was causing it and how to avoid it now. You can ignore this topic now.
Lummox JR resolved issue