ID:140048

Code:
client
New()
if(fexists("_savefile/[ckey].sav"))
var/savefile/F = new("_savefile/[ckey].sav")
F["mob"] >> mob
..()
Del()
var/savefile/F = new("_savefile/[ckey].sav")
F["mob"] << mob
..()

Problem description:
Just yesterday this was working. Now when I first login without a savefile and then logout, I receive this runtime error:

runtime error: bad output
proc name: Del (/client/Del)
source file: Login.dm,266
usr: LordAndrew (/mob)
src: LordAndrew (/client)
call stack:
LordAndrew (/client): Del()

With line 266 being

F["mob"] << mob

I honestly have no idea what is going wrong here. It worked before, but something must have changed, but I can't pinpoint anything.

Edit: Or apparently it... had nothing to do with this at all? My cache was swollen up to 1.44 GB with multiple byond.#.rsc files (byond.1.rsc, byond.2.rsc, etc). I wiped my cache though and now everything is fine it appears. Unless someone has an explanation for what went wrong?
Hmm, Looking at it, it looks as if it would work. Try using Mob/Login() and Mob/Logout() with savefiles it has always ran smoother for me. If not maybe use src.mob instead of mob?
shouldn't the [..()] part be first in new so that this could work, or am i wrong on this because thats just naturally how i do it :| and it works fine
In response to Masschaos100
Masschaos100 wrote:
shouldn't the [..()] part be first in new so that this could work, or am i wrong on this because thats just naturally how i do it :| and it works fine

"..()" Wouldn't really matter in that proc, ..() means just to run other instances, without the ..() you're overwritting the proc.
In response to An Epic Fail
i know what ..() means, its just that to me it looks like : load the mob, then start the client crap