ID:1402466

Well, I decided to draw art myself since It's kind of hard to find someone to help me out with that aspect in game development. This would have to be my first time in just about.. forever. It's been many years since I drew anything on the computer. To add on to that, I used Paint.

What I did was just draw the letters by hand and added a little lighting coming from the right. I honestly don't think this is good effort, but hey, I'm looking for some improvement! What can I do to make it a bit more.. exciting? Not to mention I'm going to have to make it even bigger later.
Looks like a good start to me. I like the font you've created for this project :) I would use a different program, though, as the image itself looks fairly pixilated due to Paint's use of raster graphics and perhaps the size of the image, as well.
Yeah, I'm running on a virtual machine. Not many applications will run fine on it lol. I need one for Linux so I can use it on my main operating system. I'm not familiar with Gimp.. it's quite advanced.. :(
Gimp was going to be my next suggestion >_< It's fairly simple...if you play around with the tools for a little bit, you can find something to get the job done easily!
 photo galaxiatext.png

Here ya go! I used your image to make this in a few minutes. You don't have to use it but I was bored and decided to make it lol

Edit: If you're looking for a good program, check out Paint.NET.
In response to MDC
Nice of you ^_^
In response to MDC
Also very nice image...I like it!
Way to make my drawing feel like crap, MDC. q_q lol. Thanks btw.I'll most likely use it. I just need to draw the world "Novia" now. :P So it says "Novia Galaxia".
I can do that for you if you'd like :) I could also change around the text's shape. I left it just how it was from your image in case that's what you wanted.
Show me how? So I can do some more stuff. Lol. I'm sure you won't be available all the time. :P And sure, go ahead. The letters weren't suppose to really be that sharp. It's just the pixels. But, you made that still look like a good feature. Lol.

If I had a scanner I could draw anything I want from trees to turfs to mobs to equipment... all of it. I'm a good artist by hand but not over the computer.
In response to MDC
Now give it depth :)
In response to MDC
MDC wrote:
 photo galaxiatext.png

Here ya go! I used your image to make this in a few minutes. You don't have to use it but I was bored and decided to make it lol

Edit: If you're looking for a good program, check out Paint.NET.

I second. Paint.NET is an amazing utility.
Looks like I need to download that. ;)
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
Looks like I need to download that. ;)

http://www.getpaint.net/
Eh. Don't just get Paint.Net. Download mods for it as well! Makes it TONS better.
Yes! What he said. You can get so many different kinds of plug-ins for Paint.NET to make it a lot better. Just look around the forums for all of the different plug-in files made by users like yourself. I'm sure you'll find a lot that you'd want to add to it.

Edit: I've been a bit busy. I'll post a new updated title for you today though Xirre.
Awesome. :) I've been trying to progress the game but I've been slacking lol. Next up is for me to make the New/Load button then I can move on to character customization.

Current progress:

The red and white text on screen is actually written out letter by letter. So it's as if Galaxia is typing it. I need to upgrade some more icons or choose a proper screen size.
I looks to be going well Xirre I hope your progress goes well and you have more to show us shortly, keep at it.
Thanks. Will do!
I hope that commands tab is going to disappear in the future...
Page: 1 2