ID:1403265

Resolved
BYOND Version:501
Operating System:Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit
Web Browser:Firefox 24.0
Applies to:BYOND Pager/Website

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Whenever I try to login to my primary key, BYOND client freezes. Yesterday or last night, it did not do that. From what I can tell, it seems to try downloading a bunch of hub information from the databases online. Unfortunately, it seems to freeze upon trying to obtain them while on my primary key. My secondary key through "Balor666" is unaffected due to having far less on that account.

This might be an issue with having slower internet (currently at about 5-6 Mbps, which can sometimes drop).

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Only reproducible on keys with many things attached such as friends, fans, games, resources, etc. Might also be only reproducible on slower internet.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Successful login without any issues.

Actual Results:
Upon logging into my primary key, BYOND client completely freezes.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Everytime so far.
In other games? N/A
In other user accounts? N/A
On other computers? Yes. Also froze on my laptop.

When does the problem NOT occur? When I do not use my primary key unless there is issue with the databases.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? Probably didn't happen in releases where it didn't constantly contact the website.(Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
Currently, the only workaround is use a key that has far less on it.
Looks like the problem has cleared up for now since I'm now able to login to my account through the BYOND client. I'm keeping this report up though in case it comes back.
Update Post: Looks like the problem came back...

It worked earlier this morning, but looks like it started freezing as more players or/and games are active...
This was happening to me last night but I haven't experienced it since.
Yeah, it started working again not too long ago. It seems to be happening in certain cycles. :/
Had any further issues with this?
So far, I have encountered no more issues related to the pager freezing. Seems to have stabilized for now.
Stephen001 resolved issue