They listed it on the receipt as "12 Puppies"

You are a terrible person.
The Doctor is making take time off work. I do not know how long I can hold of from making money. I drive 15 miles to college with a car that has been doing 6 miles per gallon.
6 MPG? What is it, a canal barge on wheels?
My jeep wrangler is stuck in four wheel drive lmao
In response to Ripper man5
Ripper man5 wrote:
My jeep wrangler is stuck in four wheel drive lmao

You can get under the Jeep by your Transfer Case and manually switch it back to 2wd. Of course, do this when the Jeep isn't hot and when you need 4wd, you'll have to go back under.

I suggest taking it to a place like Auto Zone. A small piece probably broke. The same thing happened to my brother's Jeep.
It is a 98 wrangler jeep, the 4wd control is in the transmission. I will have to check the connections when i get time. I also need to put a new starter and fan belt in.
Those posts earlier made me laugh. Old people. Denny's. Services. Sounds to me like a retirement home with young nurses that you never really touch. Instead, you watch. .__. Just my thought.

Hope you get better, Ripper. I have no advice for you... But Google does. I'll let you know if I find anything worth presenting.
In response to Ripper man5
Ripper man5 wrote:
The Doctor is making take time off work. I do not know how long I can hold of from making money. I drive 15 miles to college with a car that has been doing 6 miles per gallon.

jesus christ 15 miles to go to college, what have you been smoking man, find an online class wth
Takes me 19 minutes (6 miles) to get my college.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Ripper man5 wrote:

jesus christ 15 miles to go to college, what have you been smoking man, find an online class wth

15 miles isn't that far by american commuting standards. My brother used to drive about 60 miles when he was in grad school (although only 2 or 3 days a week). And tons of people drive all the way to Boston from that far away, or take the godawful trains, FIVE days a week.

I would guess that for ripper, it is cheaper to live 15 miles away and drive every day. That's why so many people commute to Boston - living there is ridiculously expensive
In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:
15 miles isn't that far by american commuting standards.

Truth.

It's incredibly common for many of us to make a daily commute (either for school or work) up to an hour/60 miles away.

My father drove 40 minutes to work for years. I have a friend that does the same. (and not for some amazing jobs, either) Several of my co-workers drive to our workplace from that far away, too (hell, there's even a married couple who both work there, yet they bought a house half an hour away). And it's not even always about cost of living in the destination city. In most of these cases it would be about the same (or maybe even cheaper) to live in the city where they work.

And I'd say that almost every college student in the country that lives within an hour of their chosen school (or whichever one would take them...lol) would be more than happy to commute rather than pay the horrendous price to live on campus/in the college town. Of course, online classes are an option, but some people prefer a classroom environment for learning (not me personally, but some people do)

My town's "sister" city is almost a half hour away, and people from here regularly travel there for nothing more than entertainment (all of the good restaurants and movie theaters are there, along with the only mall in the area or other major retail stores)

I'm guessing this willingness to commute is a side-effect of living in such a big, mostly-open country. We're just used to everything being spread out.
Never had mono, but I've been sick for the past few days, so I feel your suffering, at least a bit. Hope you get well soon!
drive 40 minutes to work just so you can turn around and spend a nice chunk of the check you're working for on the gas it takes to get back and forth. no thank you, the hospital i work at pays for me to go back and forth, even in inclement weather they will send a cab to come get me so i dont have to use my own vehicle and/or stand waiting for the bus. lrn2 save money.
"Commuters hate him! Find out EmpirezTeam's secret to low travel costs * * *"

I suspect honestly, they pay these people to go back and forth too, like you. It's called their salary. You ... you know, factor travel costs (and time) into whether or not the job is worth your while, before you take the job.
I suspect people don't do factoring at all. $500 dollar phones ( I got my phone for $0 because my Dad gave it to me and instead of paying for service I simply use wifi at my job to send messages ), instead of paying for breakfast at McDonalds every morning, the dining center I work at lets us eat any food they didn't sell once it's time to switch over to lunch service ( bacon, eggs, sausage, biscuits, hash browns, coffee, I'm talking a full fledged hot breakfast for $0 ), and instead of paying my water bill, whenever I need a bath, I sneak into my neighbors yard when they turn on their sprinklers early in the morning with a bar of soap and shower using the water from the sprinklers.
Showers, camping style. I like it.
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
Showers, camping style. I like it.

They don't call me MiserTeam for nothing.
Now, that's what you call saving.
Xirre said:
Now, that's what you call saving.

That's what I call sustainability. Waste is a huge problem in consumer culture.

Well this thread has officially been de-railed.
Page: 1 2