ID:1403639

Resolved
When playing a single-player game, Reconnect didn't work properly in threaded mode.
BYOND Version:501.1215
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 31.0.1650.26
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If you're running a local Dream Seeker, (either single player, or hosting) and you "Reconnect" - the application will show a phony port in O&M and close itself.

Options and Messages will pop-up for a second, if you can grab it by the title bar it'll stay - the window will now "Hosted on port 65535", rather than "single user mode".

The process will close if you let go of Options and Messages, or never even grabbed it.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Open any random environment in Dream Seeker (run from Dream Maker, maybe)
2. Open Options and Messages
3. Reconnect.
4. Get a quick glance of the "hosted" statement on Options and Messages.
5. cry as Dream Seeker closes, rather than reloading the running environment from the files.

Expected Results:
Same behavior as before, Dream Seeker will reload the files - essentially a lighter way to reboot a single player environment.

Actual Results:
DS's port display gets weird, closes the application.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Yes.
In other games? All environments I've tried it on.

When does the problem NOT occur?
when you're using DS as a client vs a (single or multiplayer) server

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
I believe this was introduced with the multi-threading.

Workarounds:
threads off
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
When playing a single-player game, Reconnect didn't work properly in threaded mode.
This doesn't seem to be resolved?
When I try to reconnect, the Options and Messages will stay if I had it open, say the port thing again...and then nothing.

If I close out Options and Messages after the attempted reconnect, it'll just leave a Dream Seeker process running with no visual.

But, if I try to close Dream Seeker (not a reconnect), the port thing will display...and then it'll stall for a few seconds and then the Ops/Msgs will disappear.
The port doesn't even disappear for me, it stays there.
When i reconnect, the Options and Messages window just disapears and...that's it.
In testing this showed as resolved, so I'll need more info on how to reproduce this.
I'm not really sure if there's anything special I'm doing aside from reconnecting...I've emptied out the /cfg folder to see if it was a flag in there, still happens. I don't get any debug outputs about it either.
Yeah, I'm definitely still getting this. Is there a way to get better debug info from DS about stuff? I don't think running it with -debug shows much.

It literally happens on all environments, new projects, mostly empty projects.
It's happening for me every time I hit Reconnect.

Test Project
2 months later...this is still happening.