ID:1403704

Look my byond dont work and it didnt start happening until byond version 499 i believe, it always opens up the black screen, and it says "Loading Game Information..." and it sits there forever, RARELY i get to the next screen where it says something along the lines of "Game 100% loading" and the green bar would be full, it goes straight 100% i havent been able to get on byond for the last updates from 4.9 to now and im still unable to get on... help me asap please thanks.
Be advised, I did have Drifter install vers. 501 and no changes happened.
I'm assuming this happens with all games you've tried to play in? Can you host a server locally and join that?
Looks like it struck again...
It's not regarding to actually joining games, its him trying to login to BYOND itself. Load screen doesn't go past the "Loading Game Information", and why it says game on there, idk. But it still doesn't load so he can login and continue further.
Drifter, we've had a couple of cases like this in the past that have turned out to be issues with the user data directory. Can you tell us what the path to your BYOND user data directory is?
After looking i cant seem to find a user data directory, i looked in my documents and also in program files (x86) and all i see is CFG, bin, help(in the program files (x86)) and Cache, cfg, pager, and a text file that says key in the my documents byond folder.
but this is the path to the BYOND directory C:\Users\Evan Flowers\Documents\BYOND\
Hmm. I don't see any Unicode characters that would trip that up, so that rules out that theory. Have you looked at your permissions on the cfg directory and on cfg/localhub.db? Both should be writable.
yes i did, and i made sure full control was enabled and everything.. the folder it self seems to go back to read only everytime i save it
soo i guess there is no fix then...
Unfortunately the fact that there's no way to reproduce your issue makes it difficult to work through.

One thing I'd like to suggest is trying to ping hub.byond.com to see if your system can reach it properly. The pager should still be able to open up at least to get to a games list if byond.com is having issues, but this would at least be some information to work with.

I also think it's a good idea to find your HOSTS file and see if anything spurious is in there. Some adblockers mess with it, but many viruses do too. I'd also recommend trying to temporarily disable your antivirus to see if it's interfering in any way. It'd be good to know which antivirus software you're using, also. (If it's AVG, I recommend you uninstall that and replace it with Avast or something reliable before you try anything else.)
I do have AVG so should i try to close out AVG and see if it works??
In response to Drifter_2088
You should uninstall AVG outright and replace it with something else, like Avast. I recommend downloading the replacement antivirus first, then uninstalling AVG, then installing the new one.

AVG hasn't worked properly in several years. It went from being a useful little antivirus program to a colossal piece of garbage in record time. Even if it isn't causing your problem, it's muddying the waters, and you're way better off with an antivirus program that works properly.