ID:1405246

Not a bug
BYOND Version:501
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate
Web Browser:Firefox 24.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

When creating object prototypes in the map editor, I have two icon files in my game's directory:

/icons/items/sword/'item.dmi'
/icons/items/shield/'item.dmi'

When creating the object instance prototype in the map editor for the item type, it appears that if two icons share the same name, the directory is searched until an icon is found for the matching name. It finds the shield graphic, when attempting to create a prototype using the sword graphic. I believe this is because it searches the file structure alphabetically, resulting in shield being found before sword.

Workarounds:

Don't use prototypes, but rather, use code to define the graphics of the item.
Or...turn off FILE_DIR and give the object an explicit path for the icon?
Doesn't work. FILE_DIR isn't set.
How is the filename referenced in the actual object definition? I'd need to see a project that does this to really debug it anyway, but it'd be good to know.
Alright, go ahead and not a bug this report. On further investigation in a clean project, I've found that this appears to be relatively difficult to reproduce. Indicating that something else is the culprit here.

I apologize, I've gone and squeezed the trigger a bit too soon.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)