500 Fathoms

by SuperSaiyanGokuX
Take the Plunge
ID:1405568

In addition to fixing some bugs, I did some hefty tinkering to improve on the slowness and the slowdowns.

World generation itself should be noticeably faster (I hope). As for the round-end tear down, I took care of that wait by replacing it with a simple world.Reboot(). Not very elegant, but definitely faster! lol

I also tweaked the generation a bit. The "towers" are now a bit narrower at the bottom, so there are still some gaps at the lowest levels (previously, the towers would be so wide at their bases, that they'd cover the entire screen in rock) I also lowered the rate of dense rocks a bit so the lower levels aren't almost entirely dense rock.

I also added a sand floor, and bumped the lowest layer of the rock towers up by 1 to 3 tiles off the bottom of the map. Just for looks.

Speed has also been improved during play. The game still hits a few (seemingly) random spikes in unresponsiveness, but it's now much smoother overall, top-to-bottom.

In addition, there are some new elements added (mostly decorative, but one interactive):

-"Fan" plants. Just some clumps of leaves spread out in a fan. The leaves sway back and forth.

-An alternate type of coral. Not much; just a sort of "lace" type of coral.

-Some anemones. Again, purely decorative.

-Heat vents. Little stacks of built-up material (like stalactites), glowing red-hot at the end, and giving off plumes of smoke into the water. This one is interactive, in that you will be pushed upwards if you're near one when it's "erupting". And yes, they can cause you to smack your head on any rocks above!

I think that about covers everything, so far as I remember. More updates to come!