Wait.. hold on.. who are these trolls? The volunteers or just the whole community?
The potential trolls would be the raging noobs who will fail to understand that BYOND can't afford to keep such a service fully "staffed" all the time and who will rage when the helpers won't give them the "codez". After they ragequit, they will go on to spread even more rumors and misinformation about how "bad" BYOND is.

I don't think that's a scenario any of us would want to see.
Who are these trolls though?
I would like to believe that I have just summarized them.
I'm still not seeing how this closed off group would involve trolls? That's what I'm asking mainly. The group that helps are chosen by BYOND Moderators. From there, they are held at a higher standard. To ask presentable to the new players. That's why they're carefully picked as well. Still, how are the trolls leaked in to this?
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
I'm still not seeing how this closed off group would involve trolls?

What does keeping the group closed off have to do with the trolls? I don't think we are on the same page here. The trolls would be the new users asking for the help, not the "helper squad" that you are referring to.

Still, how are the trolls leaked in to this?

How is anything being leaked? You were suggesting that there be a button that any random person can click on, so how does that exclude trolls? I really don't know what you are asking.
Agh, so you're saying people will just make a new key to troll?
Well, before I forget to write this..

Solution to reduce idiots:
IP Address
Computer ID

This separates new players from old players. If their IP/CID is registered with.. yeah I'm too sleepy to explain.
Lige resolved issue (Redundant)
Page: 1 2