ID:140718

really these robes annoy me, i cant make them disappear when you unequip it, now i tried to make a list for every equiped item so i could empty list with that item included, but of course it never works.code below, whats wrong with it?

obj
verb
Equip()
set src in usr
if(usr.cheston==0)
src.layer=MOB_LAYER+1
usr.cheston++
usr << "You equipped [src.name]"
usr.topover+=src
src.suffix="Equipped"
else
usr << "You have something on"
Unequip()
set src in usr
if(usr.cheston==1)
src.layer=OBJ_LAYER
usr.cheston--
usr << "You unequipped [src.name]"
usr.topover=0
src.suffix=""
else
usr << "You dont have it equipped"

Ignoring the basic flaws in your equipment system which if you care about you could just use the forum search to find, there are two issues:

1) You never even attempt to remove it from overlays.
2) If you change any visual aspect of the object (including some variables that aren't visual at all but oh well), it won't map to the same overlays-object and so trying to remove it won't work. In your case, if you change the layer, you won't be able to remove the image from overlays.

Again, for more information, you can search the forums to learn more about overlays.
In response to Garthor
I think i'm very bad at searching, didnt found anything good. also i didnt understand very well what did you want to say, but i think i understand a bit
1)how can i remove it from overlays if i even didnt put it in
2)so i cant modify layers? so how in most games shield is always over armor, if i wont add layer, some items will be over other items when they shouldnt. i didnt found any tutorials that would explain that thing
In response to Martys1103
I don't think Garthor noticed that you didn't add it to overlays, which from my point of view I have no idea how the armor would show up if you didn't. Anyways, I suggest you use overlays instead, it should be easier. Check this out it should help Overlay Reference.