ID:1408759

Resolved
BYOND Version:501
Operating System:Windows 7 Eternity (32 bit)
Web Browser:Firefox 24.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: Dream seeker fails to run on windows 7 eternity when running space station 13

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: download beta or stable build of Byond. Login in successfully. go to server page for SS13. Click any server to play now. Dream seeker opens then windows encounters problem running program. tears ensue

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results: Follow steps then begin play of SS13

Actual Results: Dream seeker fails to operate

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? N/a
In other user accounts? On this computer yes
On other computers? No

When does the problem NOT occur? Never

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) yet to test build

Workarounds: N/a

Did this issue start recently? Did you install anything in between the last time BYOND worked and the first time it stopped working?
It sounds like DS is actually crashing based on your report. I'll need those crash details in order to investigate.
Thats just it. It doesn't even give me details it just says windows has encountered a problem running it now i did some more research on the problem. For what ever reason every version before 499 works but nothing after. But as you know the older versions dont run all the games correctly unless there is a fix for that. And no i just started getting involved with byond so the issue has just arisen. Its literally the last thing i installed. Hopefully we can find a solution. I'll try to find a crash report though. Alright so as far as i can tell i ran a compatibility check the program is just completely incompatible for what ever reason on my computer. i can't use it. Thanks thought it was worth a try.
Crash details should be in your Windows event viewer. As far as compatibility, I have trouble believing the program is truly incompatible. If you haven't tried yet however, I suggest reinstalling it as an administrator.
Well i tried to install 500 and 501 as administrator and that didn't work either. No matter how i do it it just turns out incompatible with windows 7 eternity 32 bit. I wish there was an answer for this problem! and i can't find anything on my computer called the event viewer. Theres no record of failure cause the program doesn't run i believe.
Hey i found my event viewer sorry about all the ruckus. Heres the error code i got from there

Faulting application name: dreamseeker.exe, version: 5.0.501.1217, time stamp: 0x5270445d
Faulting module name: Flash.ocx, version: 6.0.29.0, time stamp: 0x3cc47d54
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00054564
Faulting process id: 0x1540
Faulting application start time: 0x01ced872136c0cd4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\BYOND\bin\dreamseeker.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\macromed\flash\Flash.ocx
You're running an ancient (and vulnerable) version of Flash. Update it and your problem may go away:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html
Nope still didn't work i installed the latest version and it still didn't work same code it seems.

Faulting application name: dreamseeker.exe, version: 5.0.501.1217, time stamp: 0x5270445d
Faulting module name: Flash.ocx, version: 6.0.29.0, time stamp: 0x3cc47d54
Exception code: 0xc0000005
In response to DarkCampainger
Wait i got it now so here what i had to do. I had to go into my system files a delete the Flash.ocx from the folder macromed under windows system32 files thanks guys sorry to make such a big deal over this.
Lummox JR resolved issue