ID:1413071

A project I've been working on for a few months now has a large focus around player created factions controlling various territories on the map and being able to invade to expand your territory. Now, it's a simple concept however I'm not sure what the best way to go about this would be. Another potential issue would be balancing the system and deciding what dictates a successful invasion (pvp territory invasions).

Also, what would motivate you to want to gain territory or join a faction that has a large territory? Exploring for supplies/hunting would be effected by increasing spawn rates and material output to members of the controlling faction. Would increasing stats while in a player's territory be a good idea?
When I played Minecraft PvP things with factions, you didn't need a reason to piss people off. That was half the fun.
In response to Vrocaan
Yeah, I'm hoping to encourage that without it becoming an annoyance. Players can set traps and come back to check them for anything that may have been caught; player or NPC. Loot the corpse, etc. Would also prove to be a neat addition to letting players set up strongholds in various houses with traps in case of attack.
I would say avoid increasing players' stats if they are in their own territory. They will already have other benefits being on their home turf I assume... giving them a straightforward bonus in combat is just too spoon-feedy. Make their advantage a tactical one - something that has to be utilized with strategic play in order to really be beneficial
^