In response to Nadrew
Oh don't worry. I know it won't see the light of day. And yes people did use them. It's not my choice in deciding whether to limit BYOND's advertizing or not.
This is a decision of time required over progress yielded. This MIGHT increase the traffic to BYOND, but probably not even remotely enough to warrant taking time away from worthwhile developments to do it. You seem to think it'll draw tons and tons of users, but it really wouldn't, at least not for a very long time.

The users of BYOND are free to advertise it all they want, but at the time being BYOND itself isn't actively trying to advertise itself. Perhaps after the flash stuff is done and Tom and Lummox aren't so busy with software stuff; but really, would you ever rather them shift focus from the software to something like this that would be a giant time-sink and really wouldn't make a big difference in the long run? We learned that lesson when the last big website overhaul happened, it was a nice upgrade (and required in places), but a lot of us didn't feel it warranted such a big detour from working on what really mattered. Nor did Tom intend for so much time to be spent on it, but things never go as planned when undertaking such a big project.
Would it be possible to write a function in DM that would allow a user to add some sort of "post to your timeline" feature in their games? Or would that require BYOND developers to add that sort of feature in order for it to be possible?
I think you'd have to use FB's API for that, Liam. I think it's also possible. Considering we have a browser and all lol.
It'd be entirely possible to write yourself. Basically, you'd want to set up a website using the facebook API, then perform an HTML post using browse() from within BYOND.

Also note, the goons have a BYOND key verification script for SA that they use for their version of SS13. You could easily also set up a private key link for your game using facebook's login api. You'll just have to manage authentication yourself.
At least Game owners can market their own games by doing this then, maybe someone could make a tutorial on how to do it so people can start implementing these things in to their games.
Page: 1 2