ID:1417915

I have an idea for a really awesome game called Castle. I may have started it before but I forgot about it when college started? There's no environment for it in my BYOND file, but there's a .txt file with the details. So meh. It's a mixture of Capture the Flag and... Starcraft maybe? I've never played it, but if there's a way to remove someone's ability to gain income, it's like that. Here's the long and short of it.

Name: Castle

2 teams duke it out for superiority. A player may be 1 of 3 classes. Scout, Knight, or Hunter. Classes may be changed at your castle (sorta like FF's job system).

You have miners, they have miners, and miners are the team's income. If you want to win, you have to defend your miners and/or kill their miners. There is no healing spell in this game. No magic, either. Magic is for chumps.

There are a few small outposts set up throughout the map. You capture outposts by standing in the general area of the flag. At the beginning of the game no outposts are captured. That's what the starting rush of the game is for. Miners may offload at these outposts. The further forward you capture, the easier it is for you to establish map superiority.

How do you win the game? With a trebuchet. Trebuchets are really slow, large weapons that have to be pushed by a knight. Once they get in range of the main castle, they must destroy the wall in front of it. After that's done, the game's over. You can use the trebuchet on outposts to make them unclaimed again if you want.

How do you get the trebuchet? You need to research. From anywhere in the game, your team leader may start research on class upgrades, equipment upgrades, miner upgrades, base upgrades, etc. All of which must be funded by miner payloads. See how it all loops together?

It'll be beautiful. Peace.