ID:1418665

BYOND Version:501
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 30.0.1599.101
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

"DirectX sometimes failed to initialize for some maps when multiple maps were in play, depending on the system. This behavior has been improved." - Release notes from a few patches ago.

Doesn't seem to be fixed and is still happening.

Only workaround is to go into options and toggle off/on hardware mode.
I need more details, though this may not be easy to fix. I've improved the behavior, but some cards will continue to have problems depending on how far you tax them.
Well, this seems to only happen on this current project where I use two maps- at the moment they seem to be remaining the same mode (if that doesn't make sense, before they would be either off/on hardware mode respectively and now they seem to never be different) however, many times the two maps will have hardware mode off.

Upon client connection I make use of a lot of winset()/winshow() but I am not sure if that matters - essentially the skin/interface is a really small box then get's stretched and warped to what I need for aesthetic reasons.

I have DirectX11 and my graphics card is a NVIDIA Ge Froce GTX 460M, and I have two monitors active.

If there could be something like "winset(usr, null, "command=.quit")" but for hardware mode (like .hardware command) and away to tell if a player is in hardware mode or not the issue could at least be treated until a solution could be found.

Also, not sure if it matters but when opening the options menu the hardware mode box is checked even if off, but I suspect that's cause I those are my preferences in byond and the hardware mode is just failing to start-up with the interface.
Bump for justice. I have a feeling it's all the win-sets being ran upon client/New() sometimes confusing DirectX maybe?

Winset isn't safe in client/New(). Do it in mob/Login() instead.
Thanks! I'll update.
So I moved the client/Topic() (Which calls a bunch of winsets after using some javascript to find screen dimensions) I had under client/New() to mob/Login() and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I tried moving the topic from under client and also to mob but it for some reason broke the screen setting code.

This is still an issue. Can at least a .hardware command that manually does the hardware check?