ID:1422211

It's been awhile since I've made a post, so I decided to go ahead and make one. The other day I needed to make key press macros for a game, and thought how nice it would be if we could simply use set on a verb to give it a macro that way (although excessive because of how simple macroing is already, especially compared to how it use to be).

Anywho, what I did was make a system that scans through all the base mob's verbs upon world startup, and apply any accepted names to a macroing list. In doing this, it is possible to make a verb like, mob/verb/A(), and it automatically be set to the A key. Or even, mob/verb/AUP() and /AREP() for up and repeat controls.

Granted, this is a little extreme given one could simply make a master list that sets all macros for them,
var/list/macrosMaster=list("W"="walkNorth","W+UP"="walkNorthRelease")

or even simply set the macros in the game's interface.

I suppose when all is said and done, I made this for the sake of making it, and I posted this for the sake of posting. It is an interesting concept though. However, somewhat useless because, there is no practicality to using something like this after all.

var/macroParent="macro"

//For more dynamic arguments, add to list manually.
var/list/macros=list(
"F1"="Say \"I need backup!\"",
"F2"="Say \"All clear.\"",
"F3"="Say \"Take Cover\"",
"1"="Slot 1",
"2"="Slot 2",
"3"="Slot 3",
"4"="Slot 4",
"5"="Slot 5"
)

var/scanning=1

/*
the keys list is a mass list which represents all acceptable key presses.
*/

var/list/keys=list("A","B","C","D","E","F","G","H","I","J","K","L","M","N","O","P","Q","R","S","T","U","V","W","X","Y","Z",
"F1","F2","F3","F4","F5","F6","F7","F8","F9","F20","F11","F12","NUM1","NUM2","NUM3","NUM4","NUM5","NUM6","NUM7","NUM8","NUM9","NUM0","NORTH","SOUTH","EAST",
"WEST","NORTHEAST","NORTHWEST","SOUTHEAST","SOUTHWEST","CENTER","PAUSE","TAB","ESC","INSERT","EQUALS","SUBTRACT","DIVIDE","MULTIPLY",
"RETURN","ADD","SUBTRACT2","DELETE","GRAVEACCENT","COMMA","PERIOD","FORWARDSLASH","SEMICOLON","APOSTROPHE","STARTBRACKET",
"ENDBRACKET","BACKSLASH","NUMPAD1","NUMPAD2","NUMPAD3","NUMPAD4","NUMPAD5","NUMPAD6","NUMPAD7","NUMPAD8","NUMPAD9")

var/list/keyTrans=list("GRAVEACCENT"="`","EQUALS"="=","SUBTRACT"="-","COMMA"=",","PERIOD"=".","FORWARDSLASH"="/","SEMICOLON"=";",
"APOSTROPHE"="'","STARTBRACKET"="\[","ENDBRACKET"="]","BACKSLASH"="\\","NUM1"="1","NUM2"="2","NUM3"="3","NUM4"="4","NUM5"="5","NUM6"="6","NUM7"="7","NUM8"="8","NUM9"="9","NUM0"="0")

world/New()
..()
sleep(10)
var/list/mobs
mobs=typesof("[world.mob]/verb")

if(istype(mobs,/list/)&&mobs.len>0)
var/first="[mobs[1]]"
var/spot
//This little bit will find the final /, so that the verb name will be the only thing read.
for(var/v=1 to length(first))
var/lspot=spot
spot=findtext(first,"/",spot+1)
if(spot==null||spot<=lspot)
spot=lspot
break
//And here's where the real work is done. This simply goes through the verb list,
//and checks to see if it ends with a REP or a UP. If so, it applies and it to the exst variable and
//then checks to see if the verb name is in the accept key presses.
for(var/m in mobs)
var/mob/v=m
var/tx="[v]"
var/exst=""
tx=copytext("[tx]",spot+1,length("[tx]")+1)
var/l=length(tx)
if(findtextEx(tx,"REP",l-3))
tx=copytext(tx,1,l-2)
exst="+REP"
else
if(findtextEx(tx,"UP",l-2))
tx=copytext(tx,1,l-1)
exst="+UP"
if(tx in keys)
if(tx in keyTrans)
tx=keyTrans[tx]
macros["[tx][exst]"]=v.name
scanning=null//This trigger is used to hold MOBS until the system is done scanning.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

world/mob=/mob/attackable/player

mob/attackable/player
Login()
while(scanning)//Holds login until macro list is returned.
sleep(1)
for(var/v in macros)
winset(src,"Macro[v]","parent=[macroParent];name=\"[v]\";command=[url_encode(macros[v])]")
..()
verb
ExamineList()
for(var/v in macros)
src<<"[v]=[macros[v]]"

A()
set name = "Attack"
src<<"You attack!"

MULTIPLY()
set name = "Mimic"
src<<"Multiply!"

AREP()
set hidden=1
world<<"AREP"

LUP()
set hidden=1
world<<"L released."

Slot(n as num)
set hidden = 1
var/list/Slots=list("Egg","Knife","Banana","Roll of Toilet Paper")
if(n>0&&n<=Slots.len)
src<<"In slot [n] you have a(n) [Slots[n]]."

EQUALS()
set hidden=1
src<<"Equals what?"

ADD()
set hidden=1
src<<"Plus..."

NUMPAD1()
set hidden=1
src<<"NP1"

Say(t as text)
world<<"[src] says: [t]"
Looks nice. What exactly did you need it for? Custom macros for verbs like attack and stuff?
It was basically just a passing thought. I had to make a macro, and didn't feel like going through the trouble of going all the way to the login script and adding winset (because I was using default skin). As stated, it's not very practical. Although I'm not sure of figures, it could prove to cause mass CPU usage upon world startup.

Furthermore it is also limited when it comes to arguments. Honestly, a better method would be the one I stated before, by using a master list and simply adding your macros into there. However, like I said, I made it just for the sake of making it.
Well, hey. That's what a hobby is for. Making things just for the sake of making it.

This reminds me of Lost Worlds' keyboard method. There's a keyboard on the display and by clicking a button you can set the command it runs and when it's ran (on press, on release, repeat).