ID:1427113

Resolved
Code editor preferences didn't save properly.
BYOND Version:501
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Chrome 31.0.1650.57
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
First off, what I did was change my code preferences so that what I typed changed from looking like:

and change it so that it looks like:

So after I closed Dream Maker and reopened it later, my code preferences settings were not saved so as to make the compiler look like the second picture again, instead reverting to what it was in the first picture. The first picture was not the default at all, as it was edited in either 498 or 499 (I don't remember which exact one, I think it was 499, however).
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1: Open Code Preferences via Options->Code Preferences...
2: Modify the preferences to change appearance.
3: Close Dream Maker. (I tried this both with and without Saving code changes in a test project)
4: Reopen Dream Maker.
5: Notice changes are reverted.
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Code Preferences are saved.

Actual Results:
Code Preferences are not saved, instead reverting to the settings used in 498/499, or the default if they were never installed.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every time.
In other games?N/A.
In other user accounts?Yes.
On other computers?Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?
When using 499 or earlier, or possibly 498 and earlier, as I don't remember when I made the changes that are used in the first pictures.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
In either 498 or 499 and some earlier versions.

Workarounds:
Either set the code preferences settings again or downgrade to a working version, save, and upgrade again.
This has been happening to me for a while as well.
I suspect this is not new to 500, but to 498 or 499 due to the introduction of tabs. It appears that the way preferences were saved was always "soft", and only took effect when the control was destroyed. The tab change wasn't properly destroying the control, hence no save.

I'm looking into some other issues with DM closure as well, to make sure we don't run into any other gotchas.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Code editor preferences didn't save properly.
:D Thanks, this is something that I really wanted to see fixed!