ID:1430408

so yeh so far i got the north and south side of my base done but the biggest problem i have is the side view and every time i try it just comes out horrid

http://i.imgur.com/TDFRGzt.png

maybe someone can edit it or something i usually can make the rest of the animations but side view is always so bad for me
Work on it until you get it the way you want it. Then show us and we will respond. Maybe look up some references for the side view of the human figure. Also make note of the way your constructing you figure. Are you building it out of lines or shapes. If building it out of lines flubs your brain build it out of shapes. Another thing to consider with a side view is using layers to build the shapes.
That's not a side view, that's a 3/4th view. Second, this feels like deja vu for some reason...
When it comes to things youve never done before, references help. You can do a quick google of whatever you're creating and you'll usually find several references at different angles.

When it comes so sideviews, I like to picture a human spinning 360 degrees and stopping at a desirable angle. You usually don't want it turned all the way directly to the side, but at a slight angle towards you to show the other leg and maybe a bit of the other arm. You also have to take into account that people usually don't stand perfectly centered.

This isnt a perfect example, but its just how I work on sideviews.
a lil better but still bad http://i.imgur.com/hF3IaUr.png
critque anyoen edits?
Put the front next to the side and make sure the arms are the right length. The arms feel a bit short or the torso appears longer because the arms don't seem to pass the belt line of the shorts very much.
i think you have to show me i cant really get what u mean

Here's what he means. The first three figures are your examples of the front view, the 1st attempt at the side view, and your 2nd attempt at the side view.

If you watch those red lines, you'll see that the parts of your figure's side view do not match up with the front view. The arms appear to be a pixel "shorter" than the front view, but actually upon this closer look, it is because the entire body is shifted up a pixel too high (using the top of the heads as a reference, you'll see that everything below that, all the way down to the feet is one pixel up farther than it should be)

When translating a front view to a side view, it's important to make sure that body "elements" are made the same size/length. The top of the head, the bottom of the chin, the shoulders, the elbows, fists, waists, knees, bottom of feet; all need to be at the same pixel.

Well, except for the "back" appendages. The arm and leg that are facing away from the view should be bumped up a pixel or two to simulate perspective.

So, this brings me to the 4th figure in my image. This one is my edit of the side view. I started with his head, and made each body element the same "height" as the front view (with a copy of the front view right next to it for reference) You'll notice immediately that his chin needed to come down by several pixels to match the size of the front view head. And then that the rest of the body needed to be shifted down a pixel (so his fists and feet are at the same level as the front view)

I then did a bit of "resculpting" to shape him a bit better (it seems that for your side view, you mostly just copied half of the front view body, and shifted everything into a straight line. that's not quite going to cut it...lol)

I also added a hint of his "back" arm, just a few pixels' worth, and as I mentioned above, I shifted it up a pixel from the "front" arm. You had the right idea for this when you added the back foot, but it seemed to me that you pushed it up a pixel too high (makes it look like his foot is lifted up off the ground that way), so I dropped it down a bit.

Hope this helps!
it looks good but the legs look weird like they slant forward like its not under him
Yeah, I sort of see that now that you mention it. Should be an easy fix to just shift them back a pixel, though.