ID:1432461

I will be switching operating systems to increase flexibility with the server's system as well as make things for me easier when involving programming.

The downtime will be like any OS installation.. Long. Before I shutdown servers, I will be warning players to save beforehand. I'll shutdown all servers and when everything is done, I will bring the servers up again automatically on the new operating system.

The servers will be down at 8:00 PM.
It'll take a while longer.
*grabs popcorn*
What operating system will you be switching to?
And wait, you scheduled downtime same day?
You should really give people at least a 2 - 3 week notice of any (planned) downtime, as well as an accurate measure of downtime, expected compensation, and updates...
Lol, Xirre really wanted to do this. It should only be a a couple hours hopefully. He stopped replying to me on Skype so I am sure he got busy.
I hope he's done soon. But I suppose it takes a while to do this OS stuff.
It's friggin' stupid. Especially since it's on an Apple product. The download for the driver support took an hour and thirty minutes. I'm just completely mad. Now it won't read the format on the disc made by Ubuntu. SO! I have to copy the files, put it in a folder, and hope that I can burn it again properly to a new disc. Because in the event that it doesn't burn right... I'm going to flip out. ._. Oh, Apple.. Why did I buy you? Why must you not be compatible? :(
Right now I'm copying the files from the CD. I already burnt the support disc and it's verified. So all that's left is to redo a proper copy of the new OS and then restart the computer then it should work fine.
I said screw it and rebooted the computer. Surprisingly.. it took the disc this time. But all I see is a blue 4 tiled window.. does nothing.
Alright. It's working fine. Installation has begun.
Lol bro.
Dude. I can't wait to get off this Mac.. :/
Almost 3:00AM.. So tired. But, must finish.. :/
I am still up working on it. Currently trying to log in now.
Files were recovered from Linux. Installing Linux over the new OS. Implementing files. Installing BYOND. Starting servers. Going to friggin' sleep.. I have a headache.
sooo you gave up and went onto linux? o.o
I'm at the peak of my frustration. I am on Windows right now but I can't get the files on to the Linux side... I don't know how. Because it's a closed hard drive.. so I have to do it via network. ANd I don't know how to use Samba.. And VBox Guest additions won't install.. I haven't slept yet... omfg.. I've been soo close to punching my laptop. ._.
Stick with PC next time, and by PC i mean windows, anything else cant be called a PC most of the time.
I gave up on trying to set up a synced connection with the files. Hopefully nobody lost anything in the manual connection. All servers are back online. I have yet to get any rest and I did my best. Not only should the servers runs a bit smoother, but I can also host more games now.

For paid customers, try to contact me whenever you can. I have a reward for the majority of you cooperating and having patience. I am also sorry about the extended downtime. I refused to go to sleep because I didn't want it to be down any longer and I finally got everything situated. Hopefully there won't be another downtime for a "long" time.
Page: 1 2