Adventures in Clonk

by CliffracerX
Adventures in Clonk
Abandoned test RPG.
ID:1433865

My work in progress RPG.
Currently on hold while I work on other projects, but should be decently stable, tell me if there's missing stuff that I need to fix. :P

Low resolution, simple, and vaguely abstract.

Go check version history on the forums for the version history.
Make sure to read the help and tutorial on the forums, it is somewhat useful to know.

Open source! Head on over to https://github.com/CliffracerX/Adventures-in-Clonk to grab a copy!

HUGE PATCH RELEASED, WIPE YOUR SAVEFILES BEFORE YOU START PLAYING!
This patch adds a HUGE (1000x1000) map, and some new features to allow huge battles to take place...if there's enough players hanging around, that is. Team flags will be wiped when the server closes, so if a server needs to go down, make sure to tell everyone to pick up the flags! I keep screwing things up, so be very careful when updating. :P

Buildable barricades, worth 10 S are now available. They're wiped on world-restart, so be careful!

I've released another update, adding some super-bosses to the game that will wander about the world, and do a TON of damage to you. Be wary of them. The mob set has changed as well, we have slimes now! :D

Main features:
Very large, amazing map
Fighting
Some equipment
Leveling system
Full Multiplayer Support
Items buyable from merchants
Money: S (comes from a RP I do with friends)
Decent sized map
Sort of dungeon
Zombie army/mob arena (100s of zombies await you!)
Crazy wacky main theme (optional to turn on, via ingame command, defaults to off)
Weird sound effects
Party system, see little pane ingame!
-Parties share money and XP from killed monsters
-Leader can customize level requirements, if money or XP are shared, and more
Hey just wondering if you've ever played Clonk before?
http://www.clonk.de/cr.php?lng=en

Saw the name and thought 'what are the chances?'
Clonk is one of my favourite games of all time, been around since the early 90s.
Ironically, when I made the game public, I tried searching for "Adventures in Clonk" and stumbled across Clonk, the game. I've played OpenClonk, an open source update to Clonk, still not that great at the game. :P

So yes, I guess I have played Clonk, I never knew about it until after I made the game public.

The name "Clonk" in my case comes from an Incursion map that I played on once, heh.
I played it but never found anyone willing to try it with me. :(

The screenshots say you could go for better effort on the tilesets a little...
I know about the tilesets, I think I might work on that later.

I need to fix some major bugs in the next update, so look out for that. I'll be fixing the tilesets as well, I suppose.
I think I'll be drawing my own tiles actually, and there will be more kinds of grass and stuff. Right now it's just endless plains of kinda crappy looking grass, with a few buildings and stuff. :/
Sorry the server hasn't been up recently, been busy with other stuff and forgotten about this. D: It's back up now, if anybody would like to log on, say so and I can walk you through the basic controls and whatnot.