ID:1435983

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I would like to suggest something, which I have been waiting for quite a long time.

The concept is simple, I and perhaps others
would like to see map linking being implemented, what I mean by that would linking z levels to cardinal directions of the map.

One way to do it would be to add a new list to the world datum, world.map_links. The variable would basicly be the same length that world.maxz is and every line is either null or a list, which has 4 z level references, for example:

world.map_links[z_level]=list(north_z,south_z,east_z,west_z)

The point would be to be able to render the z levels next to each other and directly walk from one z level to the next once you move out from it's border, while the movement part can be done with the currently existing methods by making a registry of z levels and what they are linked to, it can't be made to render the visual aspect of it, without using up too much resources.

To have this feature and to change the world.map_links at runtime would be a blessing.
What Kaio is saying is:

Dream on.
Actually, what I'm saying is, this feature request is redundant because Lummox JR has already suggested a few times that this kind of infinitely-scrolling map would be a great addition. I'm not sure if we should just wait and see if he spontaneously makes and resolves a feature request for this like he has for some cool additions, or if we should actually continue to discuss and develop the idea further, but at least it might not be necessary to make a bunch of separate threads about it.
There are about 3000000 great requests that Lum has thrown his couple of words in, still don't see them in. whether hes to busy or not a lot of these ideas will just be discussed, hence why i said Dream On.(Dreams can become a reality deep into the future).