ID:143624

Code:
mob/Login()
client.show_map=0 //

Problem description:
When the player logs in to the games it is supposed to disable the map. This code worked in 3.5 unless there is some new feature in 4.0 that is used in this instance I am confused. And before you ask its part of the game for the map to be disabled.
If you're working on your own game in 4.0, its easy enough to just not include a map window in the game's interface.
In response to Foomer
Well yes I understand that but the game has to have a map except during login because I have spent a lot of time coding a nice pop-up browser login. and having a map anywhere takes away from the effect of the game. What I am wondering is if in 4.0 if you can not set a default then in a code set the map to open in the middle of the screen. Although worse comes to worse I can leave in classic 3.5 Interface.
In response to Smokymcpot
You can use winshow() to turn the map off if you'd like. Then you can open a browser, output, grid or whatever in its place. You could even turn off all of the game elements at the intro and just turn on one big button that has the title screen on it. Then when they click the button, start the game.
In response to Foomer
Yea.. I had just finished reading the release notes and read something about winshow() and now I understand. Well time to go read the help file. Thanks
Smokymcpot wrote:
Code:
> mob/Login()
> client.show_map=0 //
>

Problem description:
When the player logs in to the games it is supposed to disable the map. This code worked in 3.5 unless there is some new feature in 4.0 that is used in this instance I am confused. And before you ask its part of the game for the map to be disabled.

This will only work with the default skin in BYOND 4.0. For user-defined skins, the game has no way to know how it's supposed to show or hide the map. If you don't want to show the map when you first log in, then I suggest you look up winset() and/or winshow() and look at the skin reference.

Lummox JR