ID:1438088

Well, this moron (names won't be named) that I've been helping with his project was using TeamViewer to see the progress I've made. While on TeamViewer, he noticed that item placement didn't look quite right when you resized a browse() window too small.

In learning this, he asked me if it was possible to set a minimum size limit. I responded, "probably, I'll see what I can do."

After about twenty minutes of trying different things such as: browse(,"window=Window;size=300x300") when the window got to small, I began to get irritated.

So, in desperation, I tried something that I really didn't think would work...

mob/verb/Open_Window()
src<<browse({"
<script type="text/javascript">
window.onresize = function(event) {
var iW=document.documentElement.clientWidth;
var iH=document.documentElement.clientHeight;
var resize;
if(iW<400){iW=400;resize=1;}
if(iH<400){iH=400;resize=1;}
if(resize){window.location="?resizeFM="+iW+"x"+iH+";";return false;}
}
</script>
"}
,"window=Window")

client/Topic(anything,href[])
if("resizeFM" in href)
winset(src,"Window","is-disabled=true;")
winset(src,"Window","size=[href["resizeFM"]];")//a notable ability
spawn(1)
winset(src,"Window","is-disabled=false;")

The script clearly displays DM's ability to alter browser windows that were started using browse(). I personally had no idea this was possible, and was enthusiastic about it. In the highlight of my glory and thrill of the new discover I made (for myself at least), I explained to him my findings. Needless to say I was not at all thrilled when he replied, "could care less."

On a serious note, did anyone else know you could use winset on browsers started with browse("","window=")?
I try to avoid asking DAE (does/did anyone else) because on the Internet, chances are the answer is "yes."

Of course, showing this doesn't prove that I knew this, but here it is anyway.
DM Reference (browse proc):
You can use commands like output() and winset() to interact with popups. The name of the window is the same name you gave the popup, and the browser is "[windowname].browser".
Example:
client/verb/more_help()
usr << output("You are still beyond help!", "help.browser")
Hmm, interesting. I actually remember seeing that code snippet awhile back, but didn't bother reading it's explanation. I suppose I'll never learn my lesson. In a year from now, when I'm pointing out something in the first chapter of the DM Guide as a personal discovery, remember this post before you criticize XD.