ID:1439394

Hello, i have next to no experience with the use of macro's on any byond interface.

And i've come to a decision that i need to know how to do it, with great interest, to learn how to use macros

In an instance, how would i set a particular macro for use in a singular combination? For example.. on a particular game, i want my iventory to be filled with health potions instead of having to spend hours on end to fill an inventory of 50 spaces full of health pots with a single press of a key.

so the macro i'm interested in learning is the use of this

1)rightclicking on shop keeper, side menu for a click option to buy
2) a popup box menu comes up, buy sell and cancel as a choice
3) Another one comes up for a list of items to buy
4) Another one comes up to confirm the item you want to buy

And thats it. Would anyone be able to help me learn? I'd greatly appreciate it

This seems more like a Dev Help question.

http://www.byond.com/forum/?forum=8 is where you might want to post this.
Thank you, i wasnt sure where to post it, being that the devs section was more to do with game creation than something like this, but i will turn to there. Thank you, Xirre
If the game in question isn't your game, then no, this isn't a dev help question.

As for the question itself, it depends on how the game is setup, the first part of your question is as simple as calling the 'buy' command from a macro, the rest gets tricky; BYOND macros can only execute things you'd be able to execute from the command-line by entering a command. If the 'buy' verb isn't setup to use the popup options as command arguments then you won't be able to access those options with a macro.

So for instance if you can't type 'buy "buy"' into the command-line to bypass the first popup, I doubt you're gonna be executing this string of commands as a macro.