ID:1440575

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I have a dream that one day BYOND will have a video game of the month award. The game will be decided by the people. The video game of the month will get a star next to their hub wish will say video game of the month for the month of [insert month here]. It seems like a cool feature and it will give the game a lot more players.
We had something similar to this at one point or another, though it was more a "Staff Pick" sort of thing where the moderators would pick a game and write an article about the game, which was then viewable from the front page of the pager.

Unfortunately we (or I guess I should say I, since I was the main lead on that escapade) stopped doing it due to both having little time to write the articles due to personal reasons, and at the time there was a pretty bad shortage of games coming out to feature (which resulted in me having to feature older games, which sort of went against the original idea of showing off new, upcoming games).

Your implementation sounds good though, but there would probably need to be some sort of criteria to qualify games for potential game of the month status (so people don't try to upvote infringing, lewd, or dead content).