Harmony Online

by Lavitiz
A fantasy sandbox RPG with a focus on non-linear character progression, intense open-world PvP, and plenty of quests to keep you yearning for more. Are you ready for your action-packed adventure?
ID:1441899

At this time we're looking to take on a few pixel artists for the project. Currently, the world is still in major development and we need you to bring it to life.

You must be an experienced artist and be willing to provide a creditable portfolio or preform a small task to see your level before you're officially added to the team.

Pixel Artist requirements, guidelines, and tasks.

What we require:

• A mid-long-term commitment.
  • The ability to communicate and work well with others.
  • Follow directions given and report progress when requested.
  • The ability to use MantisBT. 1
  • A stable communication method. 2
  • Keeping a professional relationship with the community while working under your developer key.
  • Having fun while you work! 3

1 - If you're not aware of how MantisBT works or do not know what it is, we will provide training.

2 - Stable communication such as; IM, Forum PMs, Email, Skype, Facebook, Etc.

3 - You better have fun with us. 8)

What we need done:

• Weapons, Armors, Accessories, Etc.
  • Flashy spells and abilitys.
  • Many of both male and female hair styles.
  • All kinds of monsters to fill the world with.
  • Much bigger boss monsters of varying sizes.
  • Houses, Huts, Castles and Cities.
  • Boats, Airships, Horses, and other methods of travel/
  • Land textures, Trees, Flowers, Plants, Herbs, Rocks, Twigs, Butterflies, and all other scenery.
  • Effects such as smoke trails, footprints in sand after getting wet, shadows, and all kinds of misc effects.
  • Everything else in between.

Contact Methods:

Email: applications[AT]immortal-phoenix[DOT]com
Pager: Lavitiz

What's the compensation?
In response to Rotem12
Rotem12 wrote:
What's the compensation?

Compensation is open to discussion currently. Depending on the length of commitment and quality of work.

At the moment, all starters will be provided with a position on the staff team; Granted they're capable of full-filling the job to my expectations.

Depending on how things go, I can pay a little for work done. However, this is not an option right from the get-go.

With time, I will be adding exclusive rewards to both contributors and deserving staff members. However, these rewards will not grant a significant advantage in the game.

Other options for compensation include but is not limited to free in-game memberships which will grant additional perks, byond memberships, and of course the gratitude of seeing your work displayed in a bright and beautiful fantasy world.
In response to Lavitiz
You're probably going to have to pay. I don't think there are many (if at all any), who are willing to work on a project without a decent wage.
In response to Kboy33
Kboy33 wrote:
You're probably going to have to pay. I don't think there are many (if at all any), who are willing to work on a project without a decent wage.

I've got plenty of people who've put in for the job, and I already do pay some people. Like I said, if the work being done is worth putting money into, I will.
I checked out your hub and had a peek at the pictures. Is everything there set in stone? (i.e; the base, house etc.)
In response to Soundz
Soundz wrote:
I checked out your hub and had a peek at the pictures. Is everything there set in stone? (i.e; the base, house etc.)

If we get too much farther into development, the base will be set in stone. However, if someone were to have a better visual outline on the world early, the changes can be made with ease.

Ronan was going to add a ton more states and animations to the base. However changing it would have to be done very soon if it is going to be done. Otherwise we'll have to replace too much and it'll hinder development.

At the moment, there is a hairstyle for each gender, a NPC Farmer Set, and a Novice Set.

Pixeling for the current base will be a pain if you don't know what you're doing. There are about 9 states with about 4-5 frames per state, excluding the sit state.

I'm sure you can imagine how annoying clothing and such can be. :P
In response to Lavitiz
Lavitiz wrote:
If we get too much farther into development, the base will be set in stone. However, if someone were to have a better visual outline on the world early, the changes can be made with ease.

Ronan was going to add a ton more states and animations to the base. However changing it would have to be done very soon if it is going to be done. Otherwise we'll have to replace too much and it'll hinder development.

Just to expand on that briefly. As I am the only pixel artist currently working on the project, my icons primarily are the only ones available. Particularly, character bases are something I am not all that good at.

If a new pixel artist were to come along and be able to design a new base at a higher standard with the same states and be happy to remake everything that has been synced with the current base, then I would have no problems in committing to changing the base.

My only concern with that however is that for the base to be changed it has to happen as soon as possible. The later it's left, the more complicated the current base gets and the more time it's going to take to change it. This could have a serious effect on the overall time the game is in pre-release and therefore would mean if it's left to late the current base would have to be kept.

I myself have plans very soon to start adding more and more states to the base which means if this were to happen it would have to happen asap. Because of how time consuming the base is going to be, I do not want to halt my plans to make new states for the current base as, if a new and better base isn't found the time I would lose over it would be too great.

-Ronan 'Inffliction' Hopkinson
Inffliction
In response to Lavitiz
Lavitiz wrote:
Kboy33 wrote:

I've got plenty of people who've put in for the job, and I already do pay some people. Like I said, if the work being done is worth putting money into, I will.

Good on ya! I look forward to the release ^^/
I'm making another post here to let the community know that we're still looking for artists.

Also, if anyone knows any well-known creditable artists in the Byond community that will work for pay, let me know, please.