ID:1443008

Hello everyone, it's me again, I've posted last week an icon of a tree, now I'm posting my most recent pixel art, it's a house for a naruto fan-game.
C&C, comments and tips are welcome =)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This isn't bad, the only complaints I have are the gradient look and proportions of roof-to wood. Try making the wooden part smaller or expanding the roof-top.
Thanks for the tips, I did an edition following what you said to me, here is the result, it didn't changed so much, but now it's looking more like a "house".
http://cyangmou.deviantart.com/art/ Pixel-Art-Tutorial-1-Game-Perspectives-308022207

As you can see in the examples of houses here, the perspective does not require showing the roof's most back ledge.
Yes, you're right, here's the result:
Looking a lot better. I'm a lot more satisfied with the result, but you should take this outline and recolor it and add an interesting less gradient like style.
Yeah, the shading is kind of extreme, and there's a lack of detail in the building itself, overall.

I'd really recommend cutting those wooden planks about 50% of the way up, and putting in a plaster/paper type of layer across the top.

Plus, I'd really recommend displaying a material layering of some sort, so you can really see where one material begins and one ends.
Maybe you guys could make a quick sketch of how the shading should be?
It really just takes some general knowledge on how buildings are...built.

You don't just have a block of wood and smack a flat roof on top of it. It has structure.

For some artistic flare to make it less generic, I would look into making those large pieces of wood into something more unique, like columns. I'd love to see some doric style or ionic style columns on the buildings. (I mentioned those specific names so you could look them up, yes.)
tbh .. remove the shadow it looks odd , put the shadow in the front & Make The doors more detailed
I find it to be neat lol.
Hello again, i came here to show you guys my second attempt, i made this house from scratch, trying to avoid the mistakes i made in the first attempt.
To me, this one looks much more better, how about you guys, what do you think?

ByondArtResponse photo 2053vd4_zpsb155570a.png

1. I feel that there are too many values(gradients of gray here. Are these gradients everywhere? What kind of light is hitting this. The oval shape that is supposed to be the top probably should appear more flat with one or two gray colors. There is a not hand done gradient at the bottom of this contraption.
2. Just looks like a flat out gradient or something. No color control here.
3. Why the seemingly random perspective? I'm going to assume that you don't want it to look flat. If that's the case why not try a little more abstraction or even the isometric view. And why did you anti-alias the foreshorten lines there? I'm going to assume you didn't do that by hand. :S

Might I suggest you build a color palette before you start work.

Have you ever given thought to anything other than a Naruto game?