ID:1443301

Resolved
A networking error caused telnet connections to stop auto-connecting for some clients.
BYOND Version:502
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate
Web Browser:Chrome 31.0.1650.63
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Connecting to a world via telnet no longer auto-connects. You have to press enter for the server to recognize your connection.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
client
New()
..()
src << "Hello."

Command(cmd)
src << "You said: <b>[cmd]</b>"

Expected Results:
It'd either prompt me to hit enter or do it automatically.

Actual Results:
Stalls until you hit enter.

I've confirmed this with 1 other person. If they host it and join it on telnet, it does not recognize them until they hit enter, and it does not prompt them to hit enter.
Using Mushclient_4.73 and hosting the provided example gives me odd double messages, until I actually do hit enter with no input. It works fine with Gmud32, though if you don't hit enter w/out input it will disconnect you. My Win7 telnet client skips all that, and proceeds right to "Hello" without any hiccups or need to push enter. Hope that helps.
Not receiving any errors when using PuTTY, version 0.63 on Windows 7.

I am getting the stalls on MUSHclient 4.84. I'll grab 4.73 and see if it works, maybe 4.84 isn't compatible for some reason.

Edit: Nope. 4.73 doesn't work any better. Putty is the only client I have that is connecting without error. I've tried Gmud32 and zMUD 7.04. No luck.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
A networking error caused telnet connections to stop auto-connecting for some clients.