ID:1444823

BYOND Version:502
Operating System:Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 29.0
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Something I noticed when testing my custom client against an SS13 build, SS13 has a security bot that walks around the station and opens doors, I noticed that occasionally I would get a crapload of packets describing flick() commands, even before spawning in, due to the bot reaching a section with lots of doors and opening them all

I cant confirm if this happens even after you've properly loaded resources and spawned, but it definitely happens when loading resources, if it also occurs when spawned though it would be a problematic network bottleneck with a lot of players

It might be some kind of shenanigan from my client, but I doubt it, its only flick()'s, and possibly animate() which this build doesnt use
I tried spawning in properly, still happens
Flicks used to be sent only to people who could see the object, but this led to all kinds of unwanted problems where flicks wouldn't appear. We opted for the slightly higher network overhead to make sure the flick appeared. In a future update I can probably modify this to be more selective, as animate() is.
Lummox, did you update this to make it more selective, or is it still worth leaving it open?
I didn't touch it. But I'm moving this issue to Feature Requests because the current behavior is intentional.