ID:1446409

Resolved
BYOND Version:500
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Firefox 25.0
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:When receiving messages, the 'message received' sound plays on the pager, but it will freeze about 80% of the time a message is received for an extended duration. The window highlights that I have received a message, as well.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Start BYOND
2. Have a person message you
3. Freezes for several seconds

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:BYOND pager should not freeze when I receive messages.

Actual Results:BYOND pager freezes: cannot be opened if behind another program window, and displays an image of what overlayed BYOND's window last if you minimize another window to get to the desktop and look at it.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every time.
In other games?Does not occur in games
In other user accounts?Not on any particular account.
On other computers?Haven't tested new client on other computers

When does the problem NOT occur?Not ever

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)The problem didn't exist on the old pager, the new one has this issue.

Workarounds:

Please update to the very latest version just so we're on the same page. There have been a number of changes since v.500.
I'll do that when the text bug on SS13 is fixed, it makes the game unplayably slow when you have to meticulously type everything out.
It should be fixed in the latest beta release.
Please try the latest beta release, 502.1220 and let us know if the problem is fixed.
Currently using the latest beta release, we'll see if it works.
Seems like the problem's fixed, so far.
Stephen001 resolved issue