ID:14501

Keywords: members

File hosting space and bandwidth has been doubled. As of right now, every BYOND Member gets:

• 20 MB of space
  • 2 GB of bandwidth per month

Additionally, we are now running a promotion to celebrate our first year of BYOND Membership. On July 1st, 2005, the BYOND Members trial ended and all Members were paying supporters of BYOND. To show our thanks for your continued support, we'll bump you up to 50 MB of space and 5 GB of bandwidth if you renew your BYOND Membership before it expires.

For this promotion, we need to bump up your quotas manually, so it may take a day or two after you renew. If it's been more than a few days and you still only have 20/2, contact BYOND support.

Thanks, everyone!

:O
You guys are awesome.
What if we've already renewed our membership? :(
You should give DMCGI hosting too and tie it in with the 20 megabytes/50 megabytes of space that you have.
DMCGI has been on my wish list for the last year... Maybe after round 2 of guild features, I can work on that.

DeathAwaitsU, we'll discuss prior renewals after Tom gets back.
YAY! I've been dying for DMCGI...

_> Make sure you still get it without having to pay more GOT IT?!?!?!!? :D :D :D lozl
I love you guys, and all of BYOND for that matter.
So if I renew now... I get back up to 800+ days :D
Off topic: BYOND Alert: Mike H has written a new blog post for BYOND: 'I H4v3 Hax0r3d BY0ND!'.
See it at http://members.byond.com/?post=14509

Momentarily, the contributors list + all previous blogs were deleted. What was that about?
"del"
Posted by Mike H for BYOND

Odd indeed.
I went and renewed, I still had about 190 days to go (I had the half year promo). Up to 557 days now :P I wont have to worry about remembering it till next year now.

Extra space is nice, I think some of my games are getting a little big (sound increases it a lot) so the increase is good for me.
Nice!
Ummm, question? If we still have time on our membership, does it add on to those remaining days?
Yes killerdragon.
Okay, cool. Thanks.
When does this promotion ends?

Let's say I let my account expire. Apply for a new one and get 20/2 and renew that for another year would I be able to get it? Ending date would be nice and helpful :P
When does this promotion ends?

We haven't decided yet, but it'll run at least until the end of July. We'll make an announcement ahead of time if/when we decide to have a set end date.

Let's say I let my account expire. Apply for a new one and get 20/2 and renew that for another year would I be able to get it?

Sure, as long as we're still doing the promotion at that time. Of course it's cheaper (initially) just to renew now. ;)
But the people who first got their Memberships before the first month ended still have half a year left. I don't need to renew for 187 days, so would we probably not get the promotion if we wait until December to renew? :(
Just to clarify, will the 50/5 offer be permanent, or just for the year you renew? What if I renewed for five years? :P

*goes off to renew without waiting for answers*
Flick wrote:
Just to clarify, will the 50/5 offer be permanent, or just for the year you renew?

The 50/5 is permanent once you've gotten it through this promotion. If and when we increase quotas for everyone later on, we'll be sure yours increases accordingly. So if everyone goes up to 50/5 in the future, you would go up to 80/8 at the same time.

What if I renewed for five years? :P

Good question! We hadn't thought about that possibility. We'll try to discuss it after Tom gets back from his adventure.

Cowdude wrote:
I don't need to renew for 187 days, so would we probably not get the promotion if we wait until December to renew?

Like I said earlier, this promotion could end at any time. We'll give some advance warning (say, a couple weeks) before ending it, but the safe bet if you want more file hosting is to renew now.
Page: 1 2