ID:1450217

Is there a fast way to make parts of an icon (or the whole thing) transparent going from GraphicsGale to Dreammaker? I'm asking because I have an icon that's being made that has to be given transparent properties going into Dreammaker, but doing that via Dreammaker would take forever since you'd have to select the colors, reduce the transparency and then reapply.
Photoshop for me. Simple and easy.

Im sure theres an tool in GG to change transparency in the selected color? never really used GG so..
I believe as long as the image is saved with transparencies as a .png it should transfer over into .dmi

I know Gale Pro as alot more transparency functions than the free version, but you should still be able to get the job done. Sorry been awhile since i've used GG too, I still personally like the .dmi icon editor more.
I use Gimp to make my pieces and then port them over from there. I do get a complete black instead of a transparency though. However, I don't use a complete black any more in the finished products so that isn't at all a problem. :S
If you have problems with transparency in some programs, one thing you can do is use a color mask, and let DM turn that color into transparemt. This would only work with full transparency though.
In response to Makeii
Not sure what you mean by this.
I mean like filling the transparent parts with a solid color before porting it over to dream maker. Then use the Swap tool in DM to turn that color into 0 alpha (transparent). This doesn't work with variable transparency though, like half transprent pixels. The partially transparent pixels should copy over alright from the other program though.