ID:1452213

(See the best response by Albro1.)
Every time I try to play a game and i click on the play game button then when it starts it tells me I need My own BYOND KEY which I'm pretty sure i have because I'm logged in during this whole process.
Best response
Make sure you're logged in on the BYOND pager (Which you can get here).
Didn't help.Whenever I join a server for a game it recognizes me as a guest even when logged in
You'll have to give more details than that - you should always log in as your key if you are logged into the pager.
Alright so lets say i try to join NFF server.Ill join make my character and it will the tell me that I am a guest and have to wait for aprovall to join the server.Even when i am logged in to my second account.I have tried reinstalling
Hi Kcswing,

Try to reinstall BYOND once more, only this time, right click the installation files for BYOND and select "Run as administrator". This will ensure that the installation has all the needed privileges to install correctly.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, are you currently running Windows in any special way? (For instance, emulating Windows on a Mac or Linux machine.)

Good luck!
No still does not work.as soon as I tr to play the game it still says im a guest
I found this option in the preferences window and it says that it will log me in as a guest if the pager doesn't load so i unchecked it and now the game wont even start.
I think you are referring to the "Log in as guest if not logged in" option, and if you unchecked that and you aren't logged in, I can't see any alternative rather than not letting you start.

All that suggests is that you really aren't logged in. Higoten has more technical know-how regarding the pager than I, so if you are logged in he may know the issue.
yah because i know for shure im logged in
Since doing a reinstall didn't work, lets try clearing the BYOND cache and resetting the pager to its default configuration.

To clear the cache: Open the BYOND pager > Click the menu button photo PagerMenuSymbol_zps9604f340.png > Preferences > Games > Clear Cache > OK > OK.

To reset the pager to its default configuration: Open the BYOND pager > Click the menu button photo PagerMenuSymbol_zps9604f340.png > Preferences > Advanced > Open user directory > Fully close the BYOND pager > rename the folder "cfg" to "old_cfg" > Rename the file "key.txt" to "old_key.txt" (let us know if you do not have a key.txt file listed in this folder).

If this does not correct the problem, Be sure to check all of the firewalls installed on your computer (This can include Windows firewall, antivirus firewalls, ect) and ensure that none of them are blocking or restricting BYOND.exe, dreamseeker.exe, or dreamdaemon.exe.

Also, what version of Windows are you currently running?
did as i was told and still wont let me play anything. Im running windows 7 and im pretty shure that my firewalls dont block it because i run as admin
Is there a button on the Home tab of the pager that says "Login"? Click it if so. It should be in the top left corner of the home tab.
no Im logged in it says im logged in as kcswing(my username) and then it just wont even start the game when i fixed the prefrences
Possibly didn't activate your account in your email?
that might b it
naw didnt work
i made another acount just incase and it still doesnt work
dream seeker shows up in my processes tab in the task manager
but its not opening on my pc
What game are you attempting to open?

Have you tried this on multiple games?

What operating system are you using?

What version of internet explorer do you have installed?

Where is the BYOND executable installed to?

Was it installed using the installer, or the ZIP?

What version of BYOND do you have installed?
naruto the finall battle
yes I have tried multiple games

windows seven

default internet explorer

installed to my d drive

installed using the installer

default beyond from the site

Page: 1 2