ID:1453334

(See the best response by Fugsnarf.)
I have just gotten the acer C7 Chromebook and I was really wanting to know if there was any way for me to play byond on it.
Best response
Not only is Chrome OS Linux-based, but it only runs web applications. So, if BYOND came out with a Flash or HTML5 client, it'd be possible. Until then, the only thing you can do with BYOND on a Chromebook is visit the website.

It's possible to run Wine on Chrome OS, but you'd need to do some research. If your Chromebook has an ARM processor, it definitely won't work. If it's the intel one, then some fiddling around will find you a way to install it. You might not be up to the work involved, though.
why doesnt byond work on mac?
In response to Supangan
BYOND is largely a Windows application (it's developed in Visual Studio) and is tied deeply to the Windows API and DirectX (which is Windows-only). To enable it to play games on OS X (and Linux) they'd have to switch to OpenGL and use a more portable API for the interface (which is no easy feat—the developers would have to sit down and rework a substantial amount of BYOND).
Can Byond be used on a Gateway laptop if it has the windows 8 operating system?
In response to XxCrystal AngelxX
Yes.
Thanks (And I love how your picture is a cow XD)