ID:1453446

Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Today, I was looking at few games. I came upon one that looked quite interesting and that was being hosted. The download started, it took quite some time - perhaps 15 minutes. After the download, an Ad came. I don't really mind Ads. Then, the game host literally "trolled" me. "Connection ... Failed". I was not mad, just pissed(If there is any differences).

I would hope that in the future, before any pointless downloads or ads. The system would check if the game is connected or not. Even if that happens in the middle of the download.
It's not really a "connection" problem. It's the host that probably limited your key or only allowed certain keys to join.

That can't be checked by BYOND before it fully downloads the RSC.
The game had 0 players,
Which means he was hosting it and preventing other keys except himself from joining. (Closed - Testing)

He probably was afk, or left the game but kept the server up!
The person who was hosting said the server crashed.
The server crashed. You got your answer. BYOND can't handle these issues. It's something that has to do with the host. This means the game was working fine, since it was able to retrieve and download the RSC, but right when it was about to launch, it crashed.