ID:1456117

Yo!

I am working on some races for a friend's game and this is what I have come up with... I haven't pixeled in forever... I mean like... months...

Govter the Dwarf:

Mildir the Elf:

[Working on Orc and Human]

Comment and Critique this bad boy!

Latest Versions:

Hey Akto, They look good, I could learn a fair bit from your art, I'm fairly capable at line art, It's just everything else i'm bad at lol.

The elves look depressed and the dwarfs look angry and i dont see any issues here.
Btek... had posted and then deleted it, but I really like his skin palette. Also, made my whites more white.

Yeah sorry for some reason imageshack made it blurry and i could've sworn i saved it in PNG.

Thank you guys.

This is what I currently have edited.

*Added highlights (Didn't like round circles, made it look alittle cheery)
*Dropped dither (was using it for hair to give it a fuzzy look)
*Defined nostrils
*Added AAing
*Puffed the lip (not sure if it looks to happy now)
*And fixed the goggles up

Ignore the hair at the bottom.. it was chest hair.. I forgot to remove it.
Owner thought he looked to young for a dwarf, so he wanted a full beard.

I tried rounding out the hat and made the glares blend better.
*Also, fixed the weird 1 pixel to the left issue...
OK I shouldn't reply since i cannot do the appropriate shading to make this look right lol.

but i kind of thought he'd look better like this

I don't know about the lips.. it looks a little weird to me. I like the full beard cover because I get the feeling if he were to speak it would be all muffled and dwarf like.

Playing with the Elf
Just thought i'd throw my 2 cents in.

Kept the full beard but with a bit of detail where is mustache parts over his beard where his mouth would be. Put some shading on the nose to make it bump out more making him look a tad more comical. Also used the purple shade on the goggles to make them seem a lil' less flat.

Though I really like this, nice job Akto!

:( don't have enough time to finish.
I vote on southend_boi.
That's OP. ;3 <3
Still working hard! Did the work for the Orc... now the Human.

I think the Orc looks a bit too friendly.

Did a small edit to give him a slightly more menacing look.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Latest Orc:
Might push the hairline up some...

*Used those awesome teeth.
*Went with more shadows than highlights to bring out a more angry feel.

I should be getting the line-art and color for the human done soon.
I like how clean your style is, i actually envy it. I was inspired by reformist to make the orc a bit more... menacing?

I think that the orc's features are too round, a bit more sqaurish and he looks less like a balloon toy and more like a fiersome orc.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic >>> Image and video hosting by TinyPic >>> Image and video hosting by TinyPic
take from it what you want.
Oh look, a wild Pandora appears. We were just talking about you in another thread.

I like what you did, it did make it more menacing but I feel like it makes it more realistic and I want to keep this cartoon-ish feel to the avatars.

*I used the smaller details to add more character to the avatar. (Cracked shoulder piece and broken tooth)
*More definition to the eyebrows, jawline, ears and neck
*Shortened front teeth
*Raised hairline
>>>
In response to Akto
Great work on his ears!
I wonder what your next project will bring.
HUMAN IS HERE!

WIP
Looks nice Akto!
Page: 1 2