ID:1458429

BYOND Version:503
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Chrome 31.0.1650.63
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
After inserting a .dmb to the Dream Daemon, I discovered that I didn't get a result such as the start time of when the server started, or world open network port.

I have not received the green text signaling that players can now join the game either.

Expected Results: Server is now open and players are now enable to join the world.

Actual Results: Here is the result using the latest beta version. Link: http://oi39.tinypic.com/16gmplk.jpg

Does the problem occur: No, just the latest version of BYOND (503.1221).
In other games? I have tried it with different games.

When does the problem NOT occur?: If I downgrade my current version of BYOND (503.1221) to the other version of BYOND (500.0 - 502.0).

Well it has happen to me in way later versions of BYOND i think its a little bug sometimes when this happens and i join my game the red lettering signal pops up and tells me that others can't join. Maybe it's just you forgot to portfoward?
In response to Royal Cookie
Royal Cookie wrote:
Well it has happen to me in way later versions of BYOND i think its a little bug sometimes when this happens and i join my game the red lettering signal pops up and tells me that others can't join. Maybe it's just you forgot to portfoward?

Nah it isn't it. I portfowarded and it doesn't work.
Have you tried disabling map threading?

BYOND 5.0 Version 503 Release Notes:
Setting "map-threads off" in cfg/seeker.txt or cfg/daemon.txt will turn off the new 502 multithreading for maps in Dream Seeker or Dream Daemon, respectively, while still allowing the server to operate separate from the UI via the normal multithreading.

Or have you tried disabling the multithreading entirely?

BYOND 5.0 Version 502 Release Notes:
This can be turned off by setting "threads off" in cfg/daemon.txt, if need be.
It seems to be working now, thank you DarkCampainger.
Did disabling all threads, or just map threads, solve the problem? I'd like to narrow down if the issue is only with map threads or if DD has some deeper threading issues in general.
Just map threads solved the problem.
I just had the same problem with 504.1226 and the Dream Daemon. After clicking the "GO" button no text popped up, and the game wasn't visible to the hub. The only indication that the game was running was the timer on the top right and the fact that the button change to "STOP". Immediately hitting "STOP" and then "GO" again without closing the DD actually did cause the usual text to appear:
Mon Jan 20 18:13:10 2014
World opened on network port 51616.
Welcome BYOND! (5.0 Beta Version 504.1226)
...minus the green "BYOND hub reports..." text. Again, the game was not visible to the hub.

Using 'map-threads off' in daemon.txt didn't make any difference, but setting 'threads off' fixed the problem and allowed me to host normally.
Some more information: Version 503.1224 shows all of the text except for the green "BYOND hub reports" text. In spite of the missing hub report text, the server is still visible to the hub.
I found an issue at startup that will be fixed in the next beta. I'm not sure all the issues mentioned here are the same, but I found why some games don't show on the hub when threaded and it might explain a few other things.