ID:1461840

I love the game Chaotic. I love it, absolutely love it, but no place on the internet still has a way to play it, and only like 3 people in my town actually have cards. So I want to make a game here because I remember how kickass the Cardfight Vanguard game was. (As compared to everywhere else because they all suck) And I want to make a chaotic game similar to that one. Now I've never used this site before, and I've only just started college to learn how to design video games. So the more help that can be given the better. More important than all of that is I need pictures of Chaotic cards that don't have the stats, and codes, blanked out. Or at least the stats aren't blanked out I could give two craps about the codes.
Hi there KingChaotic.

To get started programming, look no further than the Resource Repository. It contains links to more or less all of our learning material, and will help lead you in the right direction.

I whole-heartedly recommend starting with Your First World as an introduction on a basic project, as well as how to utilize the IDE and compiler. You'll also want to have a read through the Guide, as well as keep the Reference handy as it will explain what each and every built-in variable and procedure does, and small examples on how to use them.

After you've had a look at Your First World, I'd also check out Step BYOND, which will give you more insight on how a (small) game is put together. From there you can check out the other articles in the repository. But a word of caution: simply reading all the material won't help you as much as actually sitting down and writing some code yourself and putting something together. You'll certainly make mistakes, but that's what programming is all about!

As for art assets, I can't speak much on that since it sounds like you're looking for something specific. Your best bet would probably be checking Google for the card images.
Kidpaddle45 had a good idea with My Classroom. We could make use of the credits system in-place to pay teachers from donations and "dues" to give people incentives to teach people who might want to know more about DM.
@cloudmagic: Of course I realize that. Game programming is just he main goal. The degree I'm getting is called "Software development." more importantly I just want to make the game on here now.

@Lordandrew: thanks for all your help. I understand reading, and doing, are two very different things, but I've always had a knack for computers and code. I'm certain once I get some hands on material, thanks to what you've given me, I can create my Chaotic game.

@Makeii; I don't know what DM is but I'm trying to make Chaotic. Chaotic rules!
In response to KingChaotic
KingChaotic wrote:
@Lordandrew

No problem! :)

KingChaotic wrote:
@Makeii; I don't know what DM is but I'm trying to make Chaotic. Chaotic rules!

DM is the name of the programming language that BYOND uses.
Using credits to pay teachers...Hmm sounds like a great idea!
In response to Makeii
Makeii wrote:
Kidpaddle45 had a good idea with My Classroom. We could make use of the credits system in-place to pay teachers from donations and "dues" to give people incentives to teach people who might want to know more about DM.

Just went and read threw a bit of what Credits are and how to use them and not sure how that would work with My Classroom? How would teachers make money if I can only setup one paypal account on the hub...O.o am I missing something?
Credits could be used as a payout system. Students would pay for credits and would give the teachers credits when they go to class. Teachers would then be able to buy out credits and get their earnings worth through paypal. I am not certain how automatic this process could be, but it is possible.

Since BYOND takes a percentage of the fees, teachers would of course get a lesser value of credits than what was paid in. If you wish to make a profit from the game this way, another cut of the credits could be made as well.
I'm really interested on how this can be done but then again the question is would student be willing to pay?

I'll give this a shot.