ID:1463759

Problem description: I was told I needed to balance my battle system better. I have an idea and I think its good and I want some feedback. The point is that if someone is weaker than you, there is always a chance they can still defeat you. But a smaller chance. So I had an idea from the way I did speed; I use the die code! I use roll(1, src.speed) and roll(1, target.speed). You see with that even if someone is slower than another there is always a chance the slower one can dodge an attack. If both dice are the same at 5 then they both have 50% chance of dodging each other. If one die is 6 speed and another is 4 speed then the first die has 60% chance of hitting and the second die has 40% chance of avoiding the hit. If the first person's speed is 30 and the second person's speed is 5, then the first person has an 85.7 chance of succeeding a hit and the second person has a 14.3% chance of avoiding the hit. The chances are much wider but so is their numbers. Likewise I can do the same thing with attacks. If the first person's attack is 50 and the second person's attack is 30 then I think the chance of the first person to beat the second person in attack is 63%. If its about attack and defense then the its 63% that the first person can deal some damage to the second person. I think that is a good idea. What do you think?
If your making a Hunter x Hunter game no matter what level someone is they should be able to defeat you. Hunter x Hunter is based on skill and how you fight you really shouldn't even have stats. I recommend you find new ways maybe just make it like people finding different ways to get their powers?
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
If your making a Hunter x Hunter game no matter what level someone is they should be able to defeat you. Hunter x Hunter is based on skill and how you fight you really shouldn't even have stats. I recommend you find new ways maybe just make it like people finding different ways to get their powers?

Aura power, strength, defense and battle type also make you stronger or weaker in a hand to hand fight.
Well true forget what I said about stats but still remember its HxH skill and how you use your Nen is everything!