ID:1464464

Where has Dan went it's weird for someone to quit their company years ago and not come back to actually even check or even do one comment it's weird i have my guesses one is pretty violent. But do you think that Dan died and Tom tried to cover it by saying he went to take higher education? If it is i'm sorry for bringing up this topic but we really want to actually see Dan and know how he was.
P ... pardon? You have quite the ... uhhh, creative mind, there.

My understanding is Tom and Dan chat once in a while, and naturally Dan asks after how their 'baby' is doing. I don't think it especially weird that Dan wouldn't comment on the site, after all, it's not really anything much to do with him anymore.

This is essentially no different to say ... conversations myself and Alathon or Digitalmouse have regarding BYOND moderative and community stuff, despite the fact neither of them deal with the site any more, and have not for some time now. I'm also fairly sure they aren't dead, either ;) Although I dare-say the crazy winds we had around Christmas tried quite hard to slay Digitalmouse while he was riding about.
i'm just saying you know as me not being a olde and stuff i never met Dan and if he was a person that was nice and always calm like Lord Andrew or Tom.
He generally was, yes. But similarly he's not been on the project for some 8 / 9 years now, so I'm not really sure what 'meeting him' would do for you, either.
Man I remember my stalker file I had on Dan. Good times.
The BYOND Journalism interviews are in the forum still. Here's the interview with Dan:

http://files.byondhome.com/Journalism/Interview-Dan.html
I'm not dead - just lurking. Keeping an eye on your ruffians...

:)
EG: In today's BYOND Society, we have so many rips (duplicate games with minor changes, or 0 changes) that fill this site, how would you deal with them so that BYOND can get back on track and produce a variety of different games?
Dan: Combat the rips with chamomile tea. Then perhaps they will "rest in peace".