ID:1466335

(See the best response by A.T.H.K.)
Alright so I have two laptops, one can host perfectly fine, the ports are set up on the router and Dream Deamon can host as the ports are open on laptop 1.

However when I attempt to host from Laptop 2 I can't, the ports are there and my static is set up using the same steps as laptop 1, yet no matter what I try laptop 2 is incapable of opening ports, I've followed every tutorial, I've disabled the firewall on my router and my laptop just to be sure and still nothing.

I've literally tried everything people usually answer this type of question with. I know the ports are opening because I can use them on Laptop 1, I've even tried using the exact same settings as laptop 1 including the static IP but nada.

I've been googling for hours and this is heavily frustrating. I'm using a HUAWEI HG533 router, so far i'm attempting two different ports which are laid out like so:

Mapping Name Interface Protocol Remote Host External Start Port External end Port Internal Port Internal Host Enable Remove

Test1 nas_0_38 TCP/UDP 2555 2555 2555 192.168.1.10 Enable

Test2 nas_0_38 TCP/UDP 333 333 333 192.168.1.100 Enable

But I've been trying others all day. My Static IP is set, like I said done everything people have posted to do and always nothing, anyone got any suggestions?
Best response
Does Laptop 2 have a firewall installed?
It had norton but I fully removed it and still nothing, other than that it has the basic windows firewall which I disabled, the two laptops run different versions of windows 7 laptop 1 runs Premium and laptop 2 runs Starter edition, not sure if this is part of the issue

Also It can't connect over the LAN option either, so I really do think it's something to do with my laptop but like I said I've removed norton, I added in the ports via the windows firewall and tried it both on and off for good measure.