ID:1469153

What would be a good non-time consuming or effective time consuming strategy for game real time vs real life real time for multiplayer game other then a fast forward feature. I want the player to feel that the time a game takes to naturally progress without them is interesting use of their time.

E.g. (Skyrim has 3 minutes equate to an hour)

Source;

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/ how-long-does-it-take-for-one-day-to-pass-in-skyrim.20686509 6/
So are you .... asking, "What can my players do in my game, so they aren't bored?" or "How quickly should time progress in my game?", as they seem to me to be quite different questions.
Both.
Make em different topics, please, because the former question applies regardless of how you handle the progression of time, and is a far more general "How do I make good games?" question.

In terms of progression of time, it very much depends on the mechanics you've put into your game. For example if you have some rare resources that players must collect then you might implement that those refresh every 15 minutes or so, and that's your day cycle. Or you have some creatures that only come out at night, but drop things that are quite rare, you might have much longer day cycles than night cycles.
That works man thanks. Just trying to generate some ideas. Reward is defiantly a way to make a player feel happy about time spent.
Well .... yep? Objective, be it game chosen, or player chosen, is pretty much the basis of games. Players then do tasks which help them meet that. That is ... games.