ID:1469803

Not Feasible
Applies to:Dream Maker

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
hi i know my idea may wont be good for byond admins and makers but
i see in coding a full game is a bit hard work so what if there is a nother DREAM MAKER with simple stuff like :
1-allow every one to make there games with out incoding just type what they want form (massges,login and out types ect)
2-only drawing icons and maps only
3-allstuff made by just selecting what you want and what applys for
4-simple sound uploader
6-effect layer just by asking the dream maker to make it for me ( the programe will search like effecrs when walking on water)
7-fixer for bad stuff ( well help :/ i guss)
8 simple upload / changing to zip fills (you dont need to chage that as it is good }

any qusitons ask down bellow

(note : no changes in Dm just a new programe as name : simple DREAM MAKER)
Your post is barely legible.
You're really going to have to describe what you're taking about.

If you're asking for some kind of... simple Dream Maker, there isn't any way to make it more simple than it already is. Programming is programming.

There's a barrier of entry, of course, and BYOND has made it incredibly low for new programmers.

http://www.byond.com/docs/guide/
LordAndrew resolved issue (Not Feasible)
It sounds as if you're either asking for an IDE that can automagically guess what you're trying to tell it and generate production-ready code (which is to say, outside the realm of possibility in any language), or you're asking for something similar to what Game Maker has where you construct your game with a puzzle piece-like editor (I believe this is called visual programming?).

The former is very much non-feasible, and the latter would be be a rather large project for what is likely very little gain. BYOND as a game development suite has already simplified just about every aspect of making a game for you, but it does require at least some level of understanding programming. To this end we have plenty of tutorials, articles, documentation, and over a decade's worth of help threads on just about any sort of questions you could have.

If you do have any questions not covered in any of these writings, please do ask them on the Developer Help subforum.
i dont understand now
how the darg and drop program done then as it is a programing demo put buged and dosnt work
i am talking somthing like that but better
This isn't really something that would concern the developers of any programming language, which in this case the primary focus is DM. They just simply don't have the time or funds to put into a visual programming system.

As you have seen with Make My Dream, there isn't really anything stopping one of us from developing something like this, although it wouldn't be easy, and would certainly take a long time.

I think what would be more useful at the moment is a general scripting language for "metaprogramming" at runtime. I sometimes wonder if that's what Dan meant when he talked about expanding the client script. It doesn't necessarily have to be built-in as part of DM, but programming it using DM itself would likely lower the efficiency of any game made using it. However, you could just have it generate the lower level DM code based on the current state of the program, but that's really complex stuff.

Essentially, what this requires is a combination of a higher level virtual machine operating at runtime, a scripting language, at a higher abstraction layer, to control the state of the machine, and an advanced interpreter to convert between lower level DM code and a higher level scripted version of DM.

After all of that is set up, then you can begin to think about making games "visually". The most effective method of making a game visually is to make it live at runtime, just like WYSIWYG, but unfortunately that is not directly possible without fundamentally altering how games are executed in BYOND, which is something that only Dan would know how to do. This is why a higher level virtual machine would be the only option, so right now, if that's really what you want, then BYOND isn't the place to look.

There are a few systems floating around that kind of match what you describe, but I doubt games made with those tools could match the level of quality of games programmed using written languages such as DM. Maybe that will change in the future though.
In response to Maxsteel13
Let me put this in terms you can understand...

u wont get an easier dm because dm is alredy easy but it takes some effert frum ur side to mak a game if u cant put the effert in then ur just lazee and making gamez isnt 4 u
++ pl0x