ID:1470040

Poll: Premade Villages or buildable houses/buildings

premade 25% (8)
buildable 12% (4)
both 37% (12)
no idea 25% (8)

Login to vote.

So I wanted to make my naruto game abit different and was wondering what byond players would find better. Premade buildings you enter and leave as most have or a block by block crafted building system similar to that of dragon universe(db finale)
buildable.
With Dragon Universe the main problem we have is people building random ugly crap everywhere. So when a new player logs in they are like "holy damn this map is the worst I've ever seen" and leave

And hardly anyone builds anything nice. They mostly build what we call "nub huts" which are small square shacks all over the place to keep themself "safe"
An idea I've been playing with is player specific housing. Such as they could buy a plot at a specific place and build however or whatever they want at that spot. This way the game keeps itself but allows the player to express themselves in a controlled manner.
I've adopted "ports" where you only access a player's house if you personally choose to go there (with owner permission of course). You get a plot of land and you build whatever you want.