Original Hub Lands of Legend

by Ginseng
Original Hub Lands of Legend
Immerse yourself in an in-depth world of monsters, heroes, and great treasure as you wander the Lands of Legend!
ID:1472254

Please see this post for more information about the game's current state.

Hello, everyone. I just wanted to post a quick note to say Lands of Legend will be hosted again for the time being. This is also a public thank you to Xirre's shell server that will provide the hosting for the time being. Enjoy!
Well if it happends to decide to 'die' again, ever thought of going open-source? allow this great game to be expanded and built upon like the famous SS13?
In response to Dekkar
I've thought plenty about having this open source, but at the end of the day I cannot make that decision. Maybe someday.
If people are willing to continue this project again, go for it. I can now support more games, regardless of their efficiency. So long as this game's top priority is efficiency before adding new features, I will gladly host it forever for free.
In response to Xirre
Thanks, Xirre. I'll certainly keep this in mind should I decide to bring LoL back myself. :)
I started up nearly 30 games on Server #1. It could hold it. But something funky happened to it. After rebooting it it just failed to start up. Sucks huh?

Just let me know when you want to bring it back. Hopefully I can sort this issue out and hopefully it's not because of how many games I started.
In response to Xirre
We need to bring it back!
Interesting that I would still love to work on this if it were somewhere pleasant like Github. :p

Oh, the optimization I would do. Everywhere. And the fixing of so many bad code choices.

But it's been a good year since I had the source last. :p

(Still would need someone to manage a game server, since in its current state the game is very reliant on active and competent admins. I do not have the time to be this person, and don't know of anyone interested and capable.)
Can i have the file to host please