ID:1472673

I'd like to propose the idea that BYOND, and its staff put together several teams of unpaid developers to create five games. This is simple enough and I think it was brought up by Falacy at one point. You cannot rely on amatuers to design games to help BYOND grow; you need building blocks first, games that have decent grpahics and coding developed and managed by the BYOND administrators. The majority of games on BYOND are poorly coded, managed, updated and aesthetically unpleasing. Our team is currently developing a Bleach based game.

This is just a suggestion to help improve BYOND to attract more people; give the players something worth playing. BYOND has drastically dropped in popularity soley because of the lack games that are worth playing. Hopefully someone cares.
I don't think Tom or Lummox have the time to organize a system that holds each programmers/artists hand, forcing them to collaborate on a game with the intent on making the site more lively. On that note, it's unlikely that they have the time/energy to develop/manage a game, let alone five.

I have no advice to give on how to "save" BYOND and restore its activity. We've had similar discussions on what needs to be done to help out, but at the end of the day we all sit around and wait for someone else to make the first move and so on -- which rarely ever happens.
You don't need Tom and Lummox to babysit you, I find it rather frustrating that people keep bringing up topics on how to increase BYOND's activity and player base. Yet despite the theorising nobody actually does anything.

It may or may not work, but I plan on publishing my first game: Alternate Worlds at the end of next month. It's currently in closed testing and I've done little to market it, however I plan to start advertising it outside of BYOND. Through just having a website I've had two youtubers contact me wishing to make a lets play video when it's open to the public.

Dan, Tom, Lummox and even the community have helped make BYOND what it is today. It's a small, unpopular engine which has potential to do so much more than people who have heard if it know.

It's not powered by anime, it's powered by the dreams of its developers.
It may or may not work, but I plan on publishing my first game: Alternate Worlds at the end of next month. It's currently in closed testing and I've done little to market it, however I plan to start advertising it outside of BYOND. Through just having a website I've had two youtubers contact me wishing to make a lets play video when it's open to the public.

This is exactly what we need. Thank you.
Oh boy, another one of these posts. We've had several like this since the new year, I'm sure.

Seriously, though, just make a game. There are many things you can do to get some quasi-marketing going that will help your game and BYOND. Make a devlog, become an active member on other sites such as Tigsource and talk about your games, participate in #ScreenShotSaturday, and God knows the awful amount of screen shots of video games I see on Saturdays. Make an effort, at least.

You can't sit on your ass and expect things to go your way. C'est la vie.
lmao. every time i see one of those posts i just burst into laughter. its just hilarious how people keep making these same "this is what byond needs to do" posts over and over and over again, every week someone reiterates the same nonsense someone last week said and thinks its some new bright idea no one else thought of
In response to EmpirezTeam
This is what BYOND needs to do: Make it so you can't make a new thread with the words "this is what BYOND needs to do" in it (and such variations).
Why don't we form a type of group, with a plan to design certain games. Our team is currently working on one aswell. BYOND needs 5 new and different game. I think that's a good number.
In response to Universal Inc.
Universal Inc. wrote:
with a plan to design certain games.

Lets keyword "Plan" because that's all we're good at as a community. We'll plan anything, but we're never going to do it.

Perhaps we need to revive BJ, EG.
In response to Magnum2k
Magnum2k wrote:
Perhaps we need to revive BJ, EG.

sometimes I day dream about kicking it back up and taking it further...
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
Let's do it then!
PYOND - Plan Your Own Net Dream.

Also, I second the BJ suggestion. A lot of us around here would appreciate BJ. LOL
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
PYOND - Plan Your Own Net Dream.

Year was made.
Gawd yes, I love BJ and BJs.